Are you gonna give your kids Somali names?

Desert Flower

Staff Member
I was thinking of this. Would you name your daughter or son a Somali name? I think I will.

I love the name Ilwaad for a girl. I also like Beydan, Ugbaad and Aragsan, though I’d be concerned about how the last two will be pronounced by non Somalis.

For boys though, I think I’d stick to Prophets names (I love the name Suleiman but it’s becoming popular).

What say you?

I was thinking of this. Would you name your daughter or son a Somali name? I think I will.

I love the name Ilwaad for a girl. I also like Beydan, Ugbaad and Aragsan, though I’d be concerned about how the last two will be pronounced by non Somalis.

For boys though, I think I’d stick to Prophets names (I love the name Suleiman but it’s becoming popular).

What say you?
I mean Somali names are beautiful, if you give your children Somali names, you are preserving the Somali identity which is good on your part. But also Arabic names carry Ajar because deen. So be happy Somalis have islamic names

Desert Flower

Staff Member
I mean Somali names are beautiful, if you give your children Somali names, you are preserving the Somali identity which is good on your part. But also Arabic names carry Ajar because deen. So be happy Somalis have islamic names
What? The only names I recall that are explicitly mentioned are abdirahman and abdullah. You can name your child whatever you want as long as it’s a good name.

Trending

Latest posts