Are you a somali citizen/ do you have a somali passport?

Som

VIP
Question for us diaspora people born abroad especially in the west.
Does anyone here have a somali passport despite being born in the west? If yes which kind of documents do they ask to proof your nationality?
Are we considered automatically somali citizens even if we are born in the west or do we have to officially apply for it

I’ve got this sexy little thing
C8A4352A-D7D1-44DD-AAF4-13E8CA713078.jpeg

Don’t know about Somalia, but in Somaliland you’ve got to apply for it, not automatically given.

Som

VIP
I’ve got this sexy little thingView attachment 173181

Don’t know about Somalia, but in Somaliland you’ve got to apply for it, not automatically given.
Is the SL passport connected to qabil?
For example, what happens if your dad is from somalia and your mom is from somaliland? There are many Diaspora kids who fall on this category. Also what happens if your parents are Isaaq or any other SL tribe but were born in Somalia or Ethiopia?

Wait I thought you were hawiye? Do they give it out to all Somalis? I'm trying to get the Somalia one, s land and Djibouti because of somalinimo

I’ve got an Isaaq mother :trumpsmirk:

I don’t know the complete process of getting a SL passport, honestly. But if you got your Waaqoyi accent on point, with a old-looking SL friend to pretend to be your older brother.... I think you can get one.

Gotta collect them all, y’know what I mean:pachah1:Somalinimo till I dhimo, innit.

I don’t know the complete process of getting a SL passport, honestly. But if you got your Waaqoyi accent on point, with a old-looking SL friend to pretend to be your older brother.... I think you can get one.

Gotta collect them all, y’know what I mean:pachah1:Somalinimo till I dhimo, innit.
I've got a few landers and Djibouti friends who I can ask but if that don't work, I'll use the irir card :mjlaugh:

It's no hard as long as you come from a major clan and you have some greenbacks, you can make it happen this is Africa.
giphy.gif

Is the SL passport connected to qabil?
For example, what happens if your dad is from somalia and your mom is from somaliland? There are many Diaspora kids who fall on this category. Also what happens if your parents are Isaaq or any other SL tribe but were born in Somalia or Ethiopia?

a) who was born in the Territory of Somaliland, or

(b) whose father (or in the case of an illegitimate child whose mother) was born in the said Territory, shall become a citizen of Somaliland.”

That’s false, there’s actually a lot that goes into it.

Somaliland Passport can be issued only to a Somaliland Citizen provided that he proves his citizenship and fulfills the requirements below:

1. The applicant should provide a copy of his registration card which was given to him during the election period.

2. The applicant should also bring from the CID (Criminal Investigation Department) a document paper proving that the applicant has not committed any crime.

3. The applicant should also bring a document paper from the district attorney office verifying that the applicant has not committed any crime.

4. The applicant should provide 3 resent passport size photographs.

5. The Applicant should have a completed Passport Application Form.

Apollo

VIP
I emailed my nearest Somali embassy and asked if I could become a Somali citizen because I wasn't born in Somalia. They said yes. :mjlol:

Trending

Latest posts