Are Yibirs Somali, Ethiopian, or Jewish?

Discussion in 'Anthropology & Genetics' started by Reekha, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Reekha

Reekha

Ratings:
    +98
    Assalamu Aleykum guys.
    I‘m from the small tribe called Yibir. Me and my family are pure yibir. We didn’t got mixed with other Somali tribes. Normally yibirs marry and mix with other sub tribes like tumaal/Madhiban. Me and my family are white skin. We have straight hair. And arabic facial features. People always mistake me for Lebanese/Iranian. We don’t look somali or East African. But I have noticed that the yibirs that got mixed with other tribes look like regular Somalis. Last week I went to a family wedding and one of our elders was telling me that we are originally from Israel. He was saying that bucur bacayr was originally from israel. But my parents always say that we are originally from banu hanifah qabil which belongs to Saudi Arabia. DID ANY OF YOU GUYS SEEN YIBIR DNA RESULTS??? I WANNA TAKE IT BUT I‘M SCARED OF MY PERSONAL DEATILS AND STUFF.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. pablo

pablo Dulbahante Darood

Ratings:
    +1,879
    White skin? What does your grandparents look like?

3. Reer-Bari

Reer-Bari COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM

Ratings:
    +1,921
    take it please and post it online. we need to find out. yibir were the original rulers of hargaisa and its surroundings. yibir rulled over all the other tribes before the isaaq overthrew them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Apollo

Apollo Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +34,001
    Take a 23andMe test. They are currently on sale (-30%) and see what's up instead of relying on old wives tales.

https://www.23andme.com/

Since you are a woman lacking a y-chromosome, you might want to test your father or brother to get a paternal lineage as well.

• Like Like x 3
  5. A_A

A_A Islamic Fanfiction Writer

Ratings:
    +6,112
    1. Your name....REKHA???:dwill:
    upload_2019-4-27_17-15-44.jpeg
    2. No their Somali, it’s just a stupid stereotype

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Apollo

Ratings:
    +34,001
    I think they may have a different paternal lineage than most Somalis. This is not a huge difference, bust still interesting. @Reekha test your brother or father at 23andMe.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Crow

Crow PIF & PIM

Ratings:
    +19,433
    Yibir are pure Somali but may have different origins from the rest of us. It is possible that they descend from an ancestor from Israel. It is also possible that they descend from Jewish converts. We won't know until you do a DNA test.

As for your 'white' skin, I have never heard of Yibir being known for that. Only a DNA test can answer that as well.

I know you have privacy concerns but you come from an interesting clan that we don't know a lot about. Doing a DNA test would help us and other Yibirs better understand your origins so please take one for the team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Apollo

Ratings:
    +34,001
    I think the most likely differentiation is one of these:

- They descend from pre-Somalis living in North Somalia. Maybe showing in a different paternal lineage.

- They descend from Ethiopian Jews. Maybe showing in a different paternal lineage.

- Or they are just boring regular Somalis who made up a unique identity for whatever reason.

Increased Middle Eastern origins vs other Somalis are unlikely, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Reekha

Reekha

Ratings:
    +98
    When I was a child I always used to think that we are regularl Somalis. I used to live in a city with no Somalis at all. I didn’t really know much about qabil and Stuff. But as I grew up me and my family moved to an area with full of Somalis. That’s when I realized that my family looks different from other Somalis. Even at school, outside when people ask me what ethnicity I‘m and I answer somali they can never believe. But me I always say not every somali is dark. There are white Somalis too. Somalis don’t have a certain look. We all come in different shades. White to dark. My grandfather and father have green eyes. And are very White. Me I don’t have coloured eyes but i‘m Very light. But I noticed that other yibirs that are not mixed are quit dark. But the pure ones are very white. We even have a own language wich is very different and it sounds like Hebrew. We even have a lot of similar words to Hebrew. And there is a Mountain in the Middle East called jabel yibir. Near to Saudi. And the name YIBIR means HEBREW. And this is a big somali group with a lot of memebers so i thought some of u guys toke the dna Test and got any results? But if not then I will take it even though i‘m Afraid of them that they take my information and stuff cause I heard it’s not safe. My family always says that we should not tell other Somalis that we are yibir cause other Somalis see us as very low people and they think that they are more higher than us cause they come from a better qabil. So when people ask us what qabil we are, we say that we are ashraf,

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. World

World VIP

Ratings:
    +14,994
    Post a picture of your hand with a piece of paper that says reekha since I don’t believe you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Reekha

Reekha

Ratings:
    +98
    When I was a child I always used to think that we are regularl Somalis. I used to live in a city with no Somalis at all. I didn’t really know much about qabil and Stuff. But as I grew up me and my family moved to an area with full of Somalis. That’s when I realized that my family looks different from other Somalis. Even at school, outside when people ask me what ethnicity I‘m and I answer somali they can never believe. But me I always say not every somali is dark. There are white Somalis too. Somalis don’t have a certain look. We all come in different shades. White to dark. My grandfather and father have green eyes. And are very White. Me I don’t have coloured eyes but i‘m Very White. People always think i‘m Lebanese/Syrian or something else but know one ever guesses somali but when I say Somali they always ask if i‘m Mixed with white. But I noticed that other yibirs that are mixed are quit dark. But the pure ones are very white. We even have a own language wich is very different and it sounds like Hebrew. We even have a lot of similar words to Hebrew. And there is a Mountain in the Middle East called jabel yibir. Near to Saudi. And the name YIBIR means HEBREW. And this is a big somali group with a lot of memebers so i thought some of u guys toke the dna Test and got any results? But if not then I will take it even though i‘m Afraid of them that they take my information and stuff cause I heard it’s not safe. My family always says that we should not tell other Somalis that we are yibir cause other Somalis see us as very low people and they think that they are more higher than us cause they come from a better qabil. So when people ask us what qabil we are, we say that we are ashraf. Is MyHeritage good? Or do you guys know good dna company’s for East Africans somali? I can’t even sleep any more i‘m So excited to know where we are originally from. Some say our tribe father Muhammad Hanif was from Israel and some say he was from Saudi Arabia. He might be from somewhere else I just want to find out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Reekha

Reekha

Ratings:
    +98
    He is very white with green eyes but he has black hair.

13. MSGA

MSGA Puntland Independence Movement

Ratings:
    +6,163
    Wow exciting to see a yibir, welcome baayo! I recommend you do your dna test on https://www.23andme.com as they have the best dna datas for east africans. I think that Yibir are somalized jews that came from middle east but you never know. Share your dna results with us if you decide to do the test.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reekha

Reekha

Ratings:
    +98
    Are you yibir too ?

15. MSGA

MSGA Puntland Independence Movement

Ratings:
    +6,163
    No, I'm Majeerteen :dabcasar:

16. Apollo

Ratings:
    +34,001
    NO! It's shit, trust me on this.

Test with 23andme. It is the most legit one and also one of the cheapest.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Bohol

Bohol Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +35,796
    Post your hand. We need proof of your whiteness.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. PuntiteQueen

PuntiteQueen

Ratings:
    +6,029
    @Reekha

Record you speaking your Yibir language? It would be interesting to hear what it sounds like.

19. CaliTedesse

CaliTedesse صومال ابن كوش

Ratings:
    +8,818
    @Reekha please get the hell away from Somalis they are the devils himself wallahi billahi. Be proud of your Jewish roots and try claim citizenship in Israel. Live a good life away from Somalis they are Shayatiiin. They think they are superior with their current state and mudhuts war they are regressed. RUN!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Apollo

Ratings:
    +34,001
    I got one Ethiopian Jewish relative on 23andMe living in Israel. True story, but he told me he is part Oromo from the Harar area. So he might be like 1% Somali.

• Funny Funny x 4
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted