Are yibirs really Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘m yibir myself but i‘m Very light skinned and I got straight hair. People always mistake me as Arab/Pakistani/Turkish and more. I never researched my qabil until now. One girl from my class was saying that yibirs are originally Israeli or qureishi. I asked my older sister about it and she told me that our qabil is really discriminated in the Somali community and that other Somalis call us Jewish. She told me that the Isaac Somali clan is from the same father as us. Our sheikh was called sheikh Ahmed muhammad musa bin hanifa so how could he be Israeli if got a Muslim name? And why are we lighter than the other normal Somalis ?

Apollo

VIP
I‘m yibir myself but i‘m Very light skinned and I got straight hair. People always mistake me as Arab/Pakistani/Turkish and more. I never researched my qabil until now. One girl from my class was saying that yibirs are originally Israeli or qureishi. I asked my older sister about it and she told me that our qabil is really discriminated in the Somali community and that other Somalis call us Jewish. She told me that the Isaac Somali clan is from the same father as us. Our sheikh was called sheikh Ahmed muhammad musa bin hanifa so how could he be Israeli if got a Muslim name? And why are we lighter than the other normal Somalis ?

Yibirs are related to Ethiopian Jews, not Middle Eastern Jews.

Status
Not open for further replies.