Are there atheist in Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what will happen if they openly announce their atheism? :cosbyhmm:

I am a muslim but I have just been wandering as I have never heard of such cases. Are they punishable by death according to the laws there?

Also for the Somali atheist here, are you or do you have the desire to move to motherland?

Hammond

It's never that deep
A lot but no one will ever admit it because it's just our culture and it's the way it has been for years. Just look at how some behave.

I am a muslim but I have just been wandering as I have never heard of such cases. Are they punishable by death according to the laws there?

Also for the Somali atheist here, are you or do you have the desire to move to motherland?
They will get :gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley::gunsmiley:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

They would die. Apostasy is punishable by death there. So if there are any, they're not revealing themselves.

D2HUM8L31NE

I don't care
If you choose to leave the religion that stopped you from worshipping cows And made you worship Allah the almighty you are no longer Somali simple i don't care what anyone says it you leave Islam you leave everything behind too

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

Oh, to your second question, nope. But I'm a deist, not an atheist. I sensibly believe in God. Religion just isn't my cup of tea, since certain aspects make no sense.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
If you choose to leave the religion that stopped you from worshipping cows And made you worship Allah the almighty you are no longer Somali simple i don't care what anyone says it you leave Islam you leave everything behind too

Back in the day when an Oromo converted to Islam, they used to say he is a Somali now.

D2HUM8L31NE

I don't care
Oh, to your second question, nope. But I'm a deist, not an atheist. I sensibly believe in God. Religion just isn't my cup of tea, since certain aspects make no sense.
Honestly i can't imagine not worshipping allah it's in my DNA i guess I hope you come back to Islam inshallah

Ramen

🌸
so somalis before islam were never somalis?
:kodaksmiley:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Honestly i can't imagine not worshipping allah it's in my DNA i guess I hope you come back to Islam inshallah
I appreciate your worries brother. If religion is an important aspect of your life, then I hope you live it with honor and happiness.

Muji

VIP

The curiosity of Somali atheists is usually taken up by those who are dabbling with it themselves

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
The curiosity of Somali atheists is usually taken up by those who are dabbling with it themselves
It's a slippery slope. Those who wish to stay with their faith should leave such conversations alone imho. Live your life.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Somali identity is shaped by Islam so Somalis before Islam weren't Somalis or at least the Somalis we know today
By that definition, your point makes sense. Culturally speaking, a Somali would cease to be a "cultural" Somali, when leaving their faith. That certainly makes sense.

By that definition, your point makes sense. Culturally speaking, a Somali would cease to be a "cultural" Somali, when leaving their faith. That certainly makes sense.
I like you man you're reasonable and you're cynical but you're also a critical thinker you're like a better version of @VixR :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.