Are there any high coverage pristine nilo-saharan samples?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Apparently the commonly used sudanese7 G25 sample and the other nilotic samples are low in coverage

Last edited:

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Sudanese7 is pretty good for Horners. For Nubians & Sahelians I tend to use the Saharan Zaghawa as the Sudanic speakers originated from the Sahara

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Sudanese7 is pretty good for Horners. For Nubians & Sahelians I tend to use the Saharan Zaghawa as the Sudanic speakers originated from the Sahara
I heard the coverage for sudanese7 is low and may not give the most accurate results for that reason

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Do you think there’s a possibility that our “proto-Nilotic” ancestry could actually be ANA?
No for many reasons, if that was the case we would be similiar to the IBM samples.Our African ancestry & modern South Sudanese & Saharans like Zaghawa are a composite of different African ancestries.There is definetly something unique in these Eastern Saharans tbh.

We have to many uniparentals in common with Nilo-Saharans (mostly maternal) so it makes sense we descend from a sister population that admixed with the West Eurasian dominated NE Africans who cucked this population quite early in pre-history.I think the levels of Eastern Saharan ancestry among these Pastoralists of the Eastern Desert & Lower Nubia/Upper Egypt fluctuated based on the time period

Trending