Are Somalis lying when they say having dogs as pet is haraam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
How come most Muslim countries have dogs as a pet? I know Muslim Eriterian family who have Yorkshire terrier as a pet, many Emirati Muslim families also have pet dogs, I also know half ghanian and half Lebanese Muslim former co-worker who have a cute shih tzu as a pet and she always carries him around.

I know Somalis are scared of dogs. They always it's haram to have dogs as pets but they never provide a Hadith saying its haram to have a dog as a pet.

SSpot I want to have a puppy, I've been contemplating with this idea since high school but all I hear from Somalis is dogs are haraam, Naa ma walantay? Na orod shah no keen, balayo eey ku heesatay, hada qoqday orod ilmo dhaal inta ey heysaanaysiid. Sheeko cusub, Allah hada cadaan baa ismooday? and some Somalis have threatened to not come near me if I get a dog, I know they're scared of the dog. Cowards.

Bring a specific Hadeeth stating its absolutely haraam to own a dog. Please and thank you.

P.s

I've googled and I couldn't find it.

Xoxo.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Dogs which are kept for a purpose, such as hunting, guarding cattle or crops are permissable.

In a hadith reported by both al-Bukhari and Muslim, the Prophet (peace be on him) said, Whoever keeps a dog except for hunting or for guarding crops or cattle will lose one large measure (qirat) of his reward each day.

On the basis of this hadith some jurists argue that the keeping of dogs as pets can be classified as makruh rather than haram, as the haram is absolutely prohibited without regard to whether there is a decrease in reward or not.

Its not haram but it will decrease hasanat. Somalis over-exaggerate.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Dogs which are kept for a purpose, such as hunting, guarding cattle or crops are permissable.

In a hadith reported by both al-Bukhari and Muslim, the Prophet (peace be on him) said, Whoever keeps a dog except for hunting or for guarding crops or cattle will lose one large measure (qirat) of his reward each day.

On the basis of this hadith some jurists argue that the keeping of dogs as pets can be classified as makruh rather than haram, as the haram is absolutely prohibited without regard to whether there is a decrease in reward or not.

Its not haram but it will decrease hasanat. Somalis over-exaggerate.
I'd rather get a sin than lose one qirat of my well-earned hasanat tbh

Last edited:
There's a difference of opinion on the matter within Sunni schools of thought. Malikis allow pet dogs, that why u see many Emiratis with pet dogs.

Nural Aiyn

Engaged to Ina-Libax-San-Ka-Tabte
@Sovereign-Reiko I know, right...I would love to get myself a white German Shepherd...but that would mean vacating my father's premises..he be like :farole: naa adiga iyo eyga xun is raca

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Ileen is that is you in the pic?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
highly doubt it's her real face
skeptical-businessman-shutterstock_56754997.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts