Are Somalis Jews?

Is there a possibility that there are Somalis or Somali individuals with bani Israel ancestry? Just curious to know lmaooo.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Is there a possibility that there are Somalis or Somali individuals with bani Israel ancestry? Just curious to know lmaooo.

50:50 ratio highly unlikely though. Us Somalis could’ve have been influenced by Judaism like by the Ethiopians but I don’t think Samaale wasn’t around then so there could be a chance that Proto-Somalis could’ve followed the Jewish faith introduced by the Ethiopians but it may be rare as Proto-Somalis believed in were pagans . There is also no correlation for e.g if it was introduced to us by the Ethiopians how’d we communicate with them if we both came from different language branch’s. Somalis weren’t scholars then but nomads who did not come in contact with others.

I believe that Somalis could have practiced the faith because all abrahamic religions were prominent in East Africa. Both Christianity and Judaism came before Islam so I don’t see why not. Just as our ancestors accepted Islam, I believe those that practiced Judaism eventually converted to Islam overtime.

If you’re asking if some Somalis could be genetically related to Jews, I would say maybe but it would be very rare. We also have to remember that being Jewish doesn’t necessarily equate to a certain ethnicity, just as Islam doesn’t.

If Somalis have links to Arabs, although very low then we may also have links to Jews. Humans are all connected if you look back enough.

The group that claim ancient Jewish connections are the Yiber and so far we haven’t proved or debunked this notion. I believe they are as Somali as can be but followed Judaism way back.

Only way to tell is DNA testing.

I remember seeing a thread once where someone found out in a dna test, they had a very rare maternal haplogroup that was very common in Ashkenazi Jews.

I'd say that yeah some somalis might, but it has to be very rare.I think it'd be more common in cadcads or Madows, but still of course very rare.There's also yibirs but I doubt they have true jewish ancestry.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
I believe that Somalis could have practiced the faith because all abrahamic religions were prominent in East Africa. Both Christianity and Judaism came before Islam so I don’t see why not. Just as our ancestors accepted Islam, I believe those that practiced Judaism eventually converted to Islam overtime.

If you’re asking if some Somalis could be genetically related to Jews, I would say maybe but it would be very rare. We also have to remember that being Jewish doesn’t necessarily equate to a certain ethnicity, just as Islam doesn’t.

If Somalis have links to Arabs, although very low then we may also have links to Jews. Humans are all connected if you look back enough.

The group that claim ancient Jewish connections are the Yiber and so far we haven’t proved or debunked this notion. I believe they are as Somali as can be but followed Judaism way back.

Only way to tell is DNA testing.
Wrong.

I remember seeing a thread once where someone found out in a dna test, they had a very rare maternal haplogroup that was very common in Ashkenazi Jews.

I'd say that yeah some somalis might, but it has to be very rare.I think it'd be more common in cadcads or Madows, but still of course very rare.There's also yibirs but I doubt they have true jewish ancestry.

Agreed. I guess we will find out sooner or later.

99.99% of you have no Jewish connections.

I do though. My maternal haplogroup is Jewish and I have around 1% Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry, even with the recent update.

:ulyin: Prove it lol

One of at least 10 Ashkenazi Jews I am related to on my 23andme DNA relative list.

2017-05-14_15-59-34-jpg.17999

Below is evidence of my Yahudi matriarch (Industrial Revolution era). It's debatable if I can even be considered Somali considering Yahuuds trace their descent through the maternal line. But I am proudly both and there are no identity issues.

screenshot_20170514-155148-png.17998

One of at least 10 Ashkenazi Jews I am related to on my 23andme DNA relative list.

2017-05-14_15-59-34-jpg.17999

Below is evidence of my Yahudi matriarch (Industrial Revolution era). It's debatable if I can even be considered Somali considering Yahuuds trace their descent through the maternal line. But I am proudly both and there are no identity issues.

screenshot_20170514-155148-png.17998

You can definitely be both. What’s your autosomal dna makeup? And your maternal and paternal hablogroup?