Are Somali guys good at playing Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come I haven’t seen any successful Somali football players apart from Mukhtar. It is due to their environment, perhaps lack of support from family? Pressure of going to uni/college and not being able to develop their talent? Or are Somalis just not built to be a footballer?

To be honest, I expected to see a lot more Somali youngster in the PL by this time. Maybe Im just too ignorant on the topic, hope guys can inform me!

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
We need to transform these Spaghetti like legs first.
IMG_20180502_205545.jpg

I love playing football but my passion is mixed marital arts. I also think alot of Somali parents think going to university will make you successful so they tell their kids not to focus on other sporting activities as it is a 'waste of time'

I believe that our generation will be more supportive and hopefully in 20-30 years time, we will see alot of Somalis excel in sports like football.

Football needs 2 things, skill and proper training. A lot of Somali youths that I help out in reer Alberta are clearly more skilled than their caadans counterparts who are getting training from our NASL team, the issue is that the kids have 0 professional training here. Their parents don’t see any value in sending their sons to club teams and if they do, never bring them to practices/ technical sessions. But InshaAllah there will be a change with the kids born in 2005-onwards.

Also this has absolutely nothing to with genes so f*ck outta here with ur suugo science. Any Somali that eats well and trains properly will build a solid frame this is a fact

Last edited:
Up until 15 I think they're good..then they get peer pressured into smoking cigarettes/shisha...you can't be a footballer and substance abuse

I love playing football but my passion is mixed marital arts. I also think alot of Somali parents think going to university will make you successful so they tell their kids not to focus on other sporting activities as it is a 'waste of time'

I believe that our generation will be more supportive and hopefully in 20-30 years time, we will see alot of Somalis excel in sports like football.

This. My brother was genuinely good and really into football. My father with that retarded generation kacaan mentality did everything he could to suppress him and stop him from playing to the point where he'd cuss him out and curse him if he caught him playing. Because studies are so much more important and they're definitely mutually exclusive. He used to roll with a Jamaican friend that wasn't as good, but kept at it. Apparently the guy got signed at some point, broke his leg and subsequently got locked up for assault.

OmarAli

Tall, Brown-Skin Caucasian
Somalis body and legs are made for running. Why do Somalis waste so much time playing football? You guys should be at the Olympics and trying to win gold for marathon runs, not wasting your whole life trying to be a professional footballer just so you won't make it.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Nope. They are too inferior athletically to play professional football or other pro sports.

You sound delusional. Somalia were amazing before the civil war and if Somalia was a stable country our sportsmen team in all sports would dominate specifically soccer and basketball.

Also, Somalis are so physically blessed that we used to own you as slaves and Somalis would tag team on you Bantus. I call that athletically talented. :hemad:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
My guess parents being against it and want them to pursue education instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts