Are people of Somali ethnicity allowed to travel to The United States of America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
I've been living in Canada for like 18 years. I've been to the states a bunch of times before, but that was under Bush and Obama. Has anything changed?

I want to figure out if my dad is lying to me. He says they are not permitting people of Somali ethnicity into the United States.

giphy (11).gif

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

No, they don't ban people based on ethnicity :bell:
That makes no sense, how would you even enforce that? Give everyone who comes into the country a DNA test?
Give them a once-over glance and check if they have the Somali look?
It's based on nationality :mjlol:

Aaegal

tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

No, they don't ban people based on ethnicity :bell:
That makes no sense, how would you even enforce that? Give everyone who comes into the country a DNA test?
Give them a once-over glance and check if they have the Somali look?
It's based on nationality :mjlol:
Same difference ...

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Same difference ...
No, it isn't the same at all.
A white guy with a Somali passport wouldn't be allowed into the US. But if you are ethnically Somali but with a UK passport, you'd be allowed into the US no problem.
Maybe you should have been more specific in your thread title.

Aaegal

No, it isn't the same at all.
A white guy with a Somali passport wouldn't be allowed into the US. But if you are ethnically Somali but with a UK passport, you'd be allowed into the US no problem.
Maybe you should have been more specific in your thread title.

You clearly knew what i meant, so instead of being a smart ass why not just point out my mistake and then just answer my question... Ffs

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
You clearly knew what i meant, so instead of being a smart ass why not just point out my mistake and then just answer my question... Ffs
I genuinely didn't know what you meant. I assumed you were talking about ethnicity, since you explicitly mentioned it in your title. Wording is important.
In regards to your question I think the ban was rolled back? I'm not totally sure tbh, I heard about judicial courts stopping Trump from going through with it.

Aaegal

I genuinely didn't know what you meant. I assumed you were talking about ethnicity, since you explicitly mentioned it in your title. Wording is important.
In regards to your question I think the ban was rolled back? I'm not totally sure tbh, I heard about judicial courts stopping Trump from going through with it.

It got stopped twice, but my father keeps going on about how Somali people are being denied entrance to the states. I don't know why that would be since the laws are the same as they were under Obama, and I haven't been denied entrance then.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
It got stopped twice, but my father keeps going on about how Somali people are being denied entrance to the states. I don't know why that would be since the laws are the same as they were under Obama, and I haven't been denied entrance then.
Not sure what your father's on about to be honest. Should be okay for you or any other Somali not legally from Somalia to travel there.
Do you have a Somali passport? If so then this situation would apply to you. If not, then I don't see what you have to worry about.

Aaegal

Not sure what your father's on about to be honest. Should be okay for you or any other Somali not legally from Somalia to travel there.
Do you have a Somali passport? If so then this situation would apply to you. If not, then I don't see what you have to worry about.

Am I correct in assuming it doesn't matter that I was born in Somalia? I've only got a Canadian passport.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Am I correct in assuming it doesn't matter that I was born in Somalia? I've only got a Canadian passport.
It doesn't matter. If your passport is Canadian, then you are pretty much considered Canadian and not Somali by the law, meaning that none of this ban stuff really applies to you. This kinda stuff only applies to people doing tahriib to America, pretty much.

Aaegal

It doesn't matter. If your passport is Canadian, then you are pretty much considered Canadian and not Somali by the law, meaning that none of this ban stuff really applies to you. This kinda stuff only applies to people doing tahriib to America, pretty much.
Okay thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.