Are people more religious today than 10 years ago?

Are they more religious?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on your experience.

When I was 16-17, that was about the time religion became hip and popular among youth (including myself, I was also religious).

But now 10 yrs later I must say I notice more religious people.

But this could be just me, it could be wrong.

I don’t care about whether people are religious of course, I’m socially liberal, people have choices.

Based on your experience.

When I was 16-17, that was about the time religion became hip and popular among youth (including myself, I was also religious).

But now 10 yrs later I must say I notice more religious people.

But this could be just me, it could be wrong.

I don’t care about whether people are religious of course, I’m socially liberal, people have choices.
good question
I actually think people are less religios nowadays. You wouldn't see gay somalis back then but now you do right? Lol

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
good question
I actually think people are less religios nowadays. You wouldn't see gay somalis back then but now you do right? Lol
Yea I remember there was a spike in youth becoming religious from I would say like 02/03 to about 08/09 then the youth went crazy on the drugs,partying,drinking,hustling and it’s on going till now

I think people in general are less religious, but that those who are religious are more overt with their religiosity today due to the increasing xenophobia and islamophobia. The more discrimination they face, the more they cling to their faith. We also have a real issue with many second-generation kids in Europe feeling rootless and using religion as their foremost source of identity.

I think people in general are less religious, but that those who are religious are more overt with their religiosity today due to the increasing xenophobia and islamophobia. The more discrimination they face, the more they cling to their faith. We also have a real issue with many second-generation kids in Europe feeling rootless and using religion as their foremost source of identity.

You said it, religion is a substitute for a void in people’s heart, to fill a sense of belonging. Only outsiders notice this.

I say women are becoming more religious. And men less. 10 years ago somali guys would curse me for not wearing hijab. Now just for drinking lol and other silly stuf

You said it, religion is a substitute for a void in people’s heart, to fill a sense of belonging. Only outsiders notice this.

Yeah, but atheists do it too, just not with religion. We satisfy our need for a sense of belonging in other ways. While some people worship a god, others "worship" money, or their ethnic/cultural identities, or their careers or their local communities and so on. We all have a void to fill. We just find different ways to do it, but religion seems to be a particularly fulfilling way to fill that void.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Not at all. I kind of think religion will die out in the West in about 2 generations. Other places will keep it alive for centuries to come to be honest. But in the West, it is dying and dying fast.

I say women are becoming more religious. And men less. 10 years ago somali guys would curse me for not wearing hijab. Now just for drinking lol and other silly stuf

Is that you in the display picture because if you miss Somali guys cursing you, it can be arranged.:drakelaugh:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Bro here in the states I don’t think a majority of Christians even go to church. I have non Muslim friends(who are Christian) that haven’t gone to church in years.

I honeslty don’t recall meeting anyone around my age who is super religous.

There are dudes I know that have gone to duqsi for most of their childhood and middle school and high school years. That seem pretty religious especially at first but than you realize they are ordinary niggas that just want to f*ck females lol.

Semi religous dudes though I know a lot. These your dudes that just listen to music, watch , play basketball, go to jummah prayer, and pray a couple prayers a days.

The religion of Islam is growing by the day

(Sahih International)
They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.

-Sura At-Tawbah, Ayah 32
(Sahih International)
It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.

-Sura At-Tawbah, Ayah 33

Yeah, but atheists do it too, just not with religion. We satisfy our need for a sense of belonging in other ways. While some people worship a god, others "worship" money, or their ethnic/cultural identities, or their careers or their local communities and so on. We all have a void to fill. We just find different ways to do it, but religion seems to be a particularly fulfilling way to fill that void.

I'm a muslim and i do pride and identify myself with acedemic path i have chosen and career i'm going to have. Here in the west it's and inherent to identitfy with what you do so it's not atheist identity but cultural thing.

I agree with your previous point of people being overly religous becoouse of discrimination or lack of ethno-identity. Shared Strugle could unite people and form and identity out of it.

I'm a muslim and i do pride and identify myself with acedemic path i have chosen and career i'm going to have. Here in the west it's and inherent to identitfy with what you do so it's not atheist identity but cultural thing.

I agree with your previous point of people being overly religous becoouse of discrimination or lack of ethno-identity. Shared Strugle could unite people and form and identity out of it.

Yes, you're right. We all have multiple ways, not just one way, to give ourselves meaning and purpose in life. Religious or atheist people aren't just defined by their religion or lack of religion but also their careers, local communities, ethnicity etc.

Opposed to what? Why shouldn't what you choose to be at the forefront of your identity?

Opposed to what? Why shouldn't what you choose to be at the forefront of your identity?

Having a strong religious identity is no issue. It's when religion is used as a defence mechanism because they're feeling rejected and isolated from wider society that it becomes an issue. Sometimes it can be healthy and make them stronger people, but other times it can make them easy preys to be manipulated by by extremists.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This time is the Era of YOUTUBE....u cannot under estimate what I have learned in YOUTUBE. We have Mufti Scholars giving us FREE Madina University lesson. Nothing but Allaahu Akbaar is in ORDER!!!

We got more people practicing but knowledge of the religion is low. People are over reacting tho its the same as always. There are plenty who are on the deen and plenty who are not. Alot leave it and alot join it. Same as always.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
I think people are just trying to find the right balance between being muslim and popular culture This is basically the result of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending