Are modern somalis claiming pride thats not theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ancestor could be proud they fought the harsh life of somalia,they fought invasions,they strive for the better with what they got,they built civilization,sailed the world,surviving then is like your family being rich now from hard work,then you can say am proud,
Back then Somalis had alot of pride because they believed they were better and proved it,now people just claim pride but have nothing to show for it
A somali refused to be submissive,having self doubt is looked down on, young geeljire use to be sent in the wild with a herd not fearing anything
Now we just claim our ancestors pride by being qabilist but what have we really achieve,after the 80s what have we done to emulate our ancestors?
If there is going to be rivalry between qabils then let it be a positive one,like our qabil have more engineers,we achived this or that,in this modern world

Our pride needs to have substance like it did with our ancestors

Gay pride is rejectition of shame, and I see Somali pride the same in the context that a failed state and refugee status shouldn't confer shame for circumstances beyond their control.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
There is no substance or pride. All the workings of vanity crumble to dust and sandswept ages. Chase after a phantom forever!

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
You are right. We are riding off of the success of our ancestors but as the country rebuilds, we will have the opportunity to be proud of something else.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
yes we are no different to the blacks who celebrate black history month while twerking on the side, God knows we have our share of niiko and dhaanto.

i have wondered what Martin Luther King and Rosa Park would say about the blacks of today.

what would Said Abdulle Hassan and Xaawo Taako say about the low quality somalis of today.

thank God both parties are not alive to see the demise of the people they gave their lives for.

Lol yess true put that pride to good use same with ceeb culture tbh.. I kinda love that about us though even if weโ€™re in shit we think weโ€™re the shit..

YourBroMoe

๏ผท๏ฝˆ๏ฝใ€€๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…ใ€€๏ฝ†๏ฝ•๏ฝƒ๏ฝ‹ใ€€๏ฝ๏ฝใ€€๏ผฉ๏ผŸใ€€ใ‚ฎใใ‚งใ‚บใƒผ
In other words ladies and gentlemen:

Do shit or become shit.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Having a sense of pride/patriotism isn't all negative; even in our case.

It'll act as our fuel once we get our shit together.

Gay exists in every society:reallymaury:
Yeah... I can handle that... nothing alarming...
0DB34B7B-3426-4F3B-9559-AEA4C6C0D3CE.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts