ARE MEN SUPERIOR TO WOMEN?

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I ask this question because I've noticed the root cause of disparity between the average muslim somali man and average muslim somali woman is the difference in gender rather than sex.

For those who believe being born a man automatically makes you of a higher rank to women, why do you think so?

The counterargument to this question is also welcomed.

Last edited:
No human is superior to another except in piety. When that is said men and women are not equal because there's physical differences and we each have our unique purpose.

I ask this question because I've notice the root cause of disparity between the average muslim somali man and average muslim somali woman is the difference in gender rather than sex.

For those who believe being born a man automatically makes you of a higher rank to women, why do you think so?

The counterargument to this question is also welcomed.
Nobody is superior to anyone, however the Quran and the prophet SAW explicitly state that women and men are not the same

Yin and Yang, not Yin vs Yang.
Negative and Positive, not Negative vs Positive.
Passive and Active, not Passive vs Active.
Women and Men, not Women vs Men.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
The question doesn't make sense.

We compliment each other, the idea of 'superiority' here doesn't make any sense

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Depends on what the parameters of 'better' consists, it's subjective.

I am asking in terms of social and cultural responsibilities and priviledges rather than physical difference.

Like how children take the lineage of the father, abtiris. Some men will argue it is because of their superiority.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Hard question to answer some men superior to women and some women superior to men one thing for sure im superior to both men and women :sass1:

I am asking in terms of social and cultural responsibilities and priviledges rather than physical difference.

Like how children take the lineage of the father, abtiris. Some men will argue it is because of their superiority.
In the west Men are more likely to be homeless, less educated, more likely to be killed, suffer from a mental health illness, more likely to be incarcerated. Doesn't sound privileged to me.

Go and be jewish then if you want to claim your mother’s side :samwelcome:

Mukhalas

Macawiis, dacas iyo AK47.
We're equal but different. We are made to compliment each other, the problem arises when one gender wants to assumme the natural role of the other.

Among the signs of the last days, men will take the role of women and vice versa, eg men staying at home looking after kids and women going out all day to earn a living.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Go and be jewish then if you want to claim your mother’s side :samwelcome:

This is not about me wanting somalis to be a matriach.

All I am saying is that maybe because of this "priviledge" among others (like men marrying upto 4wives) in our culture/religion can give the impression that men are superior to women.

Trending

Latest posts