Arab media reports Ahmed Gurey was an Ethnic Somali

Arab media reports Ahmed Gurey, the famous leader of the Adal Sultanate, was a Gadabursi/Samaroon Dir from Zayla.

It looks like the Ahmed Gurey debate is over. He was a Gadabursi/Samaroon Dir from Zayla and his dynasty Walashma was ethnically Dir Somali.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Oh I didn't now he was gadabursi like me.
He was always somali people just like to claim our success.
This is a third party so thats why people look at it as conformation

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Not a single authentic source says that he was Dir.

Guys to be honest with you, I could not careless about his tribe, I created this thread because I was bored.

And anyways, him being Somali should be good enough

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Guys to be honest with you, I could not careless about his tribe, I created this thread because I was bored.

And anyways, him being Somali should be good enough
Yes his clan isn't relevant what's relevant is oromos etc stop claiming him. We just need to know the truth whatever it is

Arab media reports Ahmed Gurey, the famous leader of the Adal Sultanate, was a Gadabursi/Samaroon Dir from Zayla.

It looks like the Ahmed Gurey debate is over. He was a Gadabursi/Samaroon Dir from Zayla and his dynasty Walashma was ethnically Dir Somali.

Apparently they have a manuscript saying he was Gadabursi. Let's see, this is going to be very interesting.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
I KNEW IT!!!! :fittytousand:

I remember a user on here claiming that the adal empire had nothing to do with the Dir(gadabuursi) qabil :noneck: @Sultan wasn't that you or am I mistaken?

To this day the Ethiopians fear him and they remember how he pillaged them. Because of him they eat raw meat and are weirdly enjoying it :damn:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
He was from the Walashma Dynasty. Who were under that Dynasty.

There is no evidence he was Gadabursi but according to Harar manuscripts, he was Dir. We all Zeila was a historical Dir city and the Walashma Dynasty was centred in Zeila who ruled Adal Sultanate. Ahmed Gurey was part of the Walashma Dynasty and was born in Zeila.

Let's first start off with the rulers of Adal Sultanate which were Walashma Dynasty, which was a royal Somali dynasty who claimed their origins from Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn who is a very famous Somali saint.

"Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn is believed to be born in Zeila during the early Adal Kingdom period which he associated with. Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn is a very famous Somali saint figure. He is believed to be the founder and ancestor of the royal family known as Walashma Dynasty that governed both Ifat Sultanate and Adal Sultanate during the middle ages."

Source: Nehemia Levtzion; Randall Pouwels (Mar 31, 2000). The History of Islam in Africa. Ohio University Press. page. 242.

A Harari medieval historian called Sheikh Abi-Bakr Ali Alawi stated in his book that Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn was Dir who was the founder of Walashma Dynasty.

"Shiekh Abi-Bakr Al Alawi, a Harari historian, states in his book that Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn was of native and local Dir (clan) extraction."

Source: Quath, Faati (1957). Islam Walbaasha Cabra Taarikh [Islam and Abyssinia throughout history]

As you see. I'm Isaaq but I'm historically honest. He was Dir and Dir at the end of the day are Somalis so don't feel jealous or anything. It's still part of Somali history.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
To this day the Ethiopians fear him and they remember how he pillaged them. Because of him they eat raw meat and are weirdly enjoying it :damn:
He did them dirty wallahi :salute:

Gurey.jpg
first battle.jpg

PEOEAF.jpg

:denzelnigga::obama::rejoice::westbrookswag:

Apparently I.M Lewis and Richard Pankhurst believe the same thing:

GUpE4eM.png

wYM5tPh.jpg

Also the people closest to Harar have always been us:

MnQpAJF.png

i7fKWki.jpg

0i6VlgR.png

lKIvcoU.png

dH4PBzZ.png

The lineage of the leader of the Habar Makadur:

n9Dqv9w.png

Futuh Al Habasha

Abdallah (Habar Makadur) = Now they are the Bahabar Cabdalla clan that inhabits Araabi, Harrawa Valley Ethiopia.

Tns4vfa.jpg

Last edited:
@Suhaib

After all the banter, I don't really care what qabiil he was. So long as he is Somali. That's the most important thing.

I'd rather him be a Somali of any qabiil than an Arab.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

And guess who done all that dirt? Somali warriors from Adal Sultanate and many clans were mentioned. Most of Ahmed Gurey generals and forces were ethnic Somalis.

M5D959_8Rd22f3a6tRtLZQ.png

In fact, Adal Sultanate forces mainy consisted of Somalis and they only recruited Somalis.

ojxySdVqQ_6qWnkT12xymg.png

Despite all of this. Most of the Somali population was located in the Ajuran Kingdom and they didn't take part it and this just shows you Somalis were so powerful that they didn't need each other.

oDzn8CwkQ9OyQb6L6QasnA.png

Last edited:

Trending