Anyone majoring in

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Finance/accounting save yourself the headache and major in something that won’t drive you insane. I wish someone warned me about it, I’m on my lunch break contemplating on quitting and planning how to survive without income for the next couple of months.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
When I used to work as a security guard, one of my co-worker was an ex accountant and he told me he left his accounting career for good because he couldn't handle it anymore.

Maybe take a break (if you can afford it) and see if you still want to do Accounting.

Sounds like you are going through the motions and feeling burnt out. IA it will pass.

NotMyL

VIP
Can you give more details of why it's so stressful?
It’s stressful because they don’t teach you in college how much of our work is dealing with people, unless you go into small company and take up A/R, A/P type of role, get ready to deal with a** holes, who will question you every step and clients that will treat you like shit because they have little money.

I might go work for the government, the money sucks but at least I will get a peace of mind and good benefits.

NotMyL

VIP
You can use that degree for alot of things. Its pretty versatile tbh. Take a look at your options.
Of course it pretty versatile but if you want to make good money your option is pretty limited.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Finance/accounting save yourself the headache and major in something that won’t drive you insane. I wish someone warned me about it, I’m on my lunch break contemplating on quitting and planning how to survive without income for the next couple of months.

Probably go travel, I was in your situation with my previous job and I dont think it will change by going to govt, it will probably get even worse. It's not where you are that's the problem, it's the job, you got to a stage and said to yourself is to all my life is worked up to be to sit here 8 hrs a day and do the same repetitive task and deal with office politics. It's called burn out, I think.

You need to go travel, don't leave your job just yet take time off if you can and head to a radically different type of society to the one your in and don't go to the touristy places get right down to that society real people like the villages and stuff. Example, if your in the west, don't go to another western country you won't get much out of it. Go to Asia, Africa or somewhere that has a radically different approach to life. You will learn what life is all about then and realize the way your living it isn't the only way to live and you will be quite suprised how their happy with so little and your miserable with so much. It puts things into perspective for you, I for one was never the same when I returned that's for sure.

Infact I ended up struggling through my work when I returned from my travel, it was a daily struggle just to go to work and had heaps of absences cause I couldn't stop thinking about the travels I went too, because all I could remember was the happiness and joy I encountered there and I never saw that not ONCE in my job or the society I am in. It actually thought me life isn't about following others and what their doing, it's just about being happy at the end of the day and if your not getting that then you lost in life.

Anyways I am actually going to return to my previous work cause I still enjoy areas within it but now the boring parts I will have to go through to get to the areas I enjoy will be different to the way it was before.

Now I have other enjoyments in life like arts, philosophy, science, plus travel, meditation, exploring nature and study it, politics, military, history, religion, exploring yourself and emotions as that has huge role in your view of life and so many more things to balance my life out and not make it all about just going to work and coming home and watching the TV and internet as that is existing not living. So you need to find what you really like and do that in your free-time outside of work to make life balance itself out the 'necessary boring' things u need to do and the 'real fun things' u enjoy and you won't find out I don't think if you don't travel and open your eyes to different ways of living.

Infact I am going to do businesses investments on the side not stock markets but small businesses, while I am working in my full-time employment, so I can speed up the process to retire early and buy properties, set-up my family and kids, and hopefully get to retirement age of 60 and travel and never look back again. Well that's my goals now so going back to my old profession will be much easier and will last longer and be healthier for me cause I balanced myself out now and I simply couldn't of done that if I didn't travel, there would be no way as I would only know one style of life the western style and it didn't address my needs and it seems like it isn't addressing yours either.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@TheShinning so go find out what the difference between existing and living is and you can't do that staying and watching the same society and their approach. I suspect right now your in an existence mode and hence the dissatification and there is no point just staying on the same road you been on expecting some miracle to happen. You need to get out of your comfort zone and start exploring there is no other answer but that or your just gonna end up in your death bed with regrets when u die.

Because in all honesty all u been doing up to this point of realization is eat, sleep, and shit and work was the one allowing u to eat, shit, and sleep but that's just mere existence, it has no meaning to itself at all. Living actually has a meaning to your life and a purpose so yes in order to live u need to exist and do what people do in terms of existence like work, eat, sleep, and shit. But when ur living you do those things in order to achieve something further in life that is actually MEANINGFUL to you, where-as others just keep repeating that same cycle with no purpose or meaning at all.

Last edited:
Of course it pretty versatile but if you want to make good money your option is pretty limited.
Eh, you'd ve surprised where any degree could take you. If you're not interested in acct, take some time to think about what you really want in life from there you can find the path that is right for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts