Anyone interested in a weekly Somali programming meetup group?

I am interested in creating a small group consisting of Somali programmers, online only.

we can work on a project together or just have weekly meetups to talk about or share our own personal projects.

The ground rules being
  • Men only
  • Its entirely your choice to remain anonymous

You should not just see this as just another "programming group", but one specifically for Somalis, with our non-PC culture intact.

If you are interested please list your current area (if any) and what group project, if any, that interests you

If you are just getting started, I think that will be fine too,

My area is embedded systems but I am also heavily into windows systems (c#, .NET, PowerShell Core etc etc).
I am open to working on a open source project.

If you are interested, please let me know either in this thread or via a private message.

@attash
That's so cool, I am glad you are interested.

I had no hope of coming across another Faraax that is interested in programming hardware on here, imao.

We can definitely get up to some mess with Arduinos, which uses a slightly modified C++ but its missing the standard library.

Do you have any experience with Raspberry pies or Arduinos?

I was disappointed with the initial low responses I will post projects I am working on, in the hopes of getting more people to join in.

Here is a early prototype for a camera tripod mount that is meant to be operated from a PC/Phone. The plan is to drive all the axis of the tripods ballhead with a controller. Allowing for high precision and eliminating any guess work.

I wanted to reuse components found in every day devices, so I decided to use the guts of my old mouse, which has decent components:
  • A low latency Bluetooth component
  • Hyper scroll wheel (for Y axis)
  • Logitech's 2D tracking HERO processor for the X and Z axis
  • Pretty good battery

JLY3IRR.jpeg

DjTL1tp.jpeg

I am regretting going with the the mouse I went with, I have so far fried the processor 3 times during desoldering and 2 times during the soldering process. The stupid thing costs an arm, and I cant find any second hand units, as it is discontinued. I am crying:

test.gif

attash

Amaan Duule
@attash
That's so cool, I am glad you are interested.

I had no hope of coming across another Faraax that is interested in programming hardware on here, imao.

We can definitely get up to some mess with Arduinos, which uses a slightly modified C++ but its missing the standard library.

Do you have any experience with Raspberry pies or Arduinos?
Yeah, I worked with an Arduino mega 2560 and breadboards.
I was disappointed with the initial low responses I will post projects I am working on, in the hopes of getting more people to join in.

Here is a early prototype for a camera tripod mount that is meant to be operated from a PC/Phone. The plan is to drive all the axis of the tripods ballhead with a controller. Allowing for high precision and eliminating any guess work.

I wanted to reuse components found in every day devices, so I decided to use the guts of my old mouse, which has decent components:
  • A low latency Bluetooth component
  • Hyper scroll wheel (for Y axis)
  • Logitech's 2D tracking HERO processor for the X and Z axis
  • Pretty good battery

JLY3IRR.jpeg

DjTL1tp.jpeg

I am regretting going with the the mouse I went with, I have so far fried the processor 3 times during desoldering and 2 times during the soldering process. The stupid thing costs an arm, and I cant find any second hand units, as it is discontinued. I am crying:

test.gif
I have to work with a $35 budget unfortunately. I was planning to build racing drones for a while now, but I got hit with a wave of money troubles, so I have to scale things down for now. :francis:

@attash
It sounds like you have been very adventurous or were going to be anyway.

I was just asking, in any case things have come a long way, nowadays you can pretty much virtualize most of the development process, including breadboards, signal processing etc . This is mostly intended for learning, tinkering and small make it projects where collaboration is the point.

Its where I learnt most anyways, as useful as hands on engineering can be, it can also be prohibitive, not just financially.
Also second hand Arduino and Raspberry pies can be found dirt cheap.

Trending