Anyone Familiar With Encryption?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is anyone familiar with encryption concepts and how it's actually applied? I remember I skimmed that area during my study and relied purely on 'memory' not a deep understanding. I know their's lot's of Math, logic, algorithms before put to code. I am pretty solid around the rest of Enterprise IT and how data is managed, stored, and manipulated.

The OSI Layer

1. Hardware. I know this has two interfaces Bios/Drivers
2. Networks. I know this has two interfaces internal/external and interconnectivity stages.
3. Application. I know this has protocols, platforms, coding, etc.

I know the lifecycle in Tech which is universal and how work/team is set up such as architecture/design >> engineering >>> testing >>> support. I've worked in each life cycle except 'testing' and familiar with the day-day work carried out and how it's integrated. I've worked on infrastructure, coding, support and security layers.

I am also familiar with industry frameworks or govt regulations governing Tech, Data, Team aspects. Not all of them, but it will take me maybe 1 day to get around it tops no matter what section of IT I go into.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I want to streghten my knowledge around the mathamatics involved which encryption is solidly built around, but also all IT roots back to academic scientists.

Are you trying to use the encryption or are you learning the math behind the encryption algorathims ( Discrete math, linear algebra, group theory, number theory). From an IT perspecive you would just learn SSL/TLS and how PKI infrastructure works.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Are you trying to use the encryption or are you learning the math behind the encryption algorathims ( Discrete math, linear algebra, group theory, number theory). From an IT perspecive you would just learn SSL/TLS and how PKI infrastructure works.

Yes the maths behind. I know How to select- install-and operate various encryption at 'admin level' but have no real understandin behind it. I understand application code, OS code, hardware code, network code at fundamental level, just not encryption. I know high level theory on PKI, encryption differences, etc.

Trending