Anyone ever been to the baadiyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Anyone here ever been? I want to experience it. I am sick to death of the hectic city lifestyle. Last week I went two days without my phone and it felt like the longest two days in my life but I was HAPPY even when I usually dont feel to be so.

Mckenzie

VIP
Work in London but originally from Bristol

I've been to Somalia three times. Once as a kid, once as a teenager and once in my early 20s. But I only stayed in Mogadishu. I wanted to check out the real Somalia, places like Cadaado, Wisil etc but I'm told it's unstable and tough to stay in the countryside

Work in London but originally from Bristol

I've been to Somalia three times. Once as a kid, once as a teenager and once in my early 20s. But I only stayed in Mogadishu. I wanted to check out the real Somalia, places like Cadaado, Wisil etc but I'm told it's unstable and tough to stay in the countryside

If you're scared go to church. :manny:

Mckenzie

VIP
What's so tough about it? There aren't predators for the last 60 years atleast, clan wars aren't too common, it's just herding camels cows and goats

What I'd do to sit under a tree and just relax, no pollution, no electricity, no western invented distraction. The best natural high one can have

Somebody take me home :tocry:

Nabeel786

Southie pride
My Dad. AUN. Took me to Baadiyo to see my Grandfather and experience nomadic life.
We travelled from Mogadishu to Garbaharey by Bus, it took 2 days to reach there, we pass through Baidoa.
When we reach Garbaharey city we went stright to Grandma's home, we spend there days, then Dad took me to Baadiyo, we walk like 5 hours I think.
When we arrive baadiyo, we pray together all of us including Grandfather AUN. We drink camel milk and get some sleep. Fellowing morning when we wake up I go with uncles with hundred of camels. We take a long work about 7 hours, on our way uncle says go with that geel and get some milk, doqonimadeyda without any experience I go to camel hasha and try to touch her breast then hit me. Subhaanaka waa wareerey I woke up uncle laughing at me and saying "Ciyaal xamar" faaido maleh. Lol. I cry I said to him uncle non xun baa tahay. He respond "son you are on training yaa isgaarey adeer. Sheekadan is too long guys. I can't finish it.

Last edited:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Went there for 2 nights back in 2006. I got chased by goats and the little kids were laughing.
My first time seeing a goat with black head. I was confused because all of the body was white but the head was pitch black. I was intrigued. But that fucker chased me for almost 2 blocks nonstop. They also force fed me barley with subaag and sugar, I lowkey loved it but I was putting on a front because I wasn't no punk!

That was the first and the last time.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Haven't had this experience yet.... now I'm interested. I have a trip coming up to a very small town in the mother land and It's gonna be the cheapest most memorable Vacay ever :rejoice:

Mike Hunt

Astra incliant sed non obligant
Yeah. It's a vitalizing and humbling experience, it puts the things that really matter into perspective. I think anyone who lives in the concrete jungle should do it atleast twice a year.

I have.

Painfully cold at night and you constantly hear the hyenas laughing. I couldn't sleep.

But it was a good experience. Shitting in the bushes like a goat felt liberating

Yes
The stars were amazing.
It was so quiet, so simple.
I woke up to a cow right next to my bed and freaked out. My uncle just started laughing and wouldn't chase it away haha fun times

I cut the trip short as i refused to go toilet lollllll

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
This.

Also drawing fresh water from wells
:banderas:

You drink well water?
woahbuddy.png

I bet you have teeth like Barkhad Abdi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending