Anyone else leave Islam and end up coming back?

I left Islam when I was just 15 years old and became an atheist. After years of indulging in atheistic/naturalistic/secularists ideologies, I have come to the realization that atheism is simply not logical. In the atheistic worldview there are no answers to deep philosophical questions like “What caused the universe?” or “Do objective moral values exist?”. Because of this, I have recently decided embrace Islam again after five years of denying its truth. God most certainly is real.

What made you leave Islam?

I personally blame it on the Islamic schools/Dugsi I went to on Saturdays. Instead of using the entire day to memorize Quran and/or teaching the Arabic alphabet, they should’ve spared some time to show strong arguments for Allahs existence. Not only would this erase the creeping doubts in a lot of the Muslim youth in attendance, but it would also prevent these doubts from developing in the future when they run into these atheists in person(or online) or are learning secularists world views in their science classes.

I left Islam when I was just 15 years old and became an atheist. After years of indulging in atheistic/naturalistic/secularists ideologies, I have come to the realization that atheism is simply not logical. In the atheistic worldview there are no answers to deep philosophical questions like “What caused the universe?” or “Do objective moral values exist?”. Because of this, I have recently decided embrace Islam again after five years of denying its truth. God most certainly is real.
That is great. If you are able to try to go hajj and ask Allah to forgive you.

VixR

Veritas
It’s not for everyone. People need a purpose to live. Sometimes, without it you feel overwhelmed.

Atheism isn’t meant to answer deep philosophical questions.

I can’t go back to Islam, or convert to any other religion, bc I know too much. Those “deep philosophical answers” out there are made up by people like me who needed answers. It’s human to ask. But I can safely admit I don’t have all the answers, and I’m comfortable with that.

Trending

Latest posts