Anyone else have this problem

alien

📍outer space
VIP
My skin is weird as hell. I don't tan in the summer and my skin doesn't get lighter in the winter. (btw I'm lightskin but MJ). My butt, stomach and back are the darkest parts of my body and are literraly a dark brown skin tone while my thighs chest and face are a golden brown skin kinda. I'm so discoloured.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
My skin is weird as hell. I don't tan in the summer and my skin doesn't get lighter in the winter. (btw I'm lightskin but MJ). My butt, stomach and back are the darkest parts of my body and are literraly a dark brown skin tone while my thighs chest and face are a golden brown skin kinda. I'm so discoloured.
Kinda the same but I'm a little darker. The dark parts of my body is dark as hell.

I'm the exact same. my face, neck, and arms are lighter than the rest of my body

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I'm the exact same. my face, neck, and arms are lighter than the rest of my body
yes. exactly the same with me. my legs are pretty light but it's my butt back and stumach that are the darkest parts of my body and they are several shades darker

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Somalis usually get a minimum of 3-4 hours of sunlight back home. And since we diaspora obviously don't get the same amount of sunlight, we tend to have skin related issues (including hyperpigmentation). Vitamin D is not really a "vitamin" per say but a hormone that our melanin needs to synthesis and provide energy to different types of cells (fibrinogens, collagens, hepatocytes etc). And the more melanin you have, the more Vitamin D you'll need to function normally.

Having low levels of Vitamin D can also affect erythropoietin production in our bone marrow. Y'know how your car needs an oil change every 3000 miles? Your body does the same thing with erythropoietin as it is essential for creating new red blood cells every 120 days in your body. So any problems with new RBCs forming can cause iron deficiency anemia. That is why loads of Somali get this diagnosis.

If I were your doctor (which I'm not) I would prescribe you 10,000 IU of Vitamin D per day. Which is normally a high dose but you'll need it for your body to catch up. Iron would also be a good supplement for you but you should get a peripheral blood smear and a CBC (complete blood count) to confirm. Ask your doctor for a blood test and he'll know what I'm talking about. Goodluck sxb

Somalis usually get a minimum of 3-4 hours of sunlight back home. And since we diaspora obviously don't get the same amount of sunlight, we tend to have skin related issues (including hyperpigmentation). Vitamin D is not really a "vitamin" per say but a hormone that our melanin needs to synthesis and provide energy to different types of cells (fibrinogens, collagens, hepatocytes etc). And the more melanin you have, the more Vitamin D you'll need to function normally.

Having low levels of Vitamin D can also affect erythropoietin production in our bone marrow. Y'know how your car needs an oil change every 3000 miles? Your body does the same thing with erythropoietin as it is essential for creating new red blood cells every 120 days in your body. So any problems with new RBCs forming can cause iron deficiency anemia. That is why loads of Somali get this diagnosis.

If I were your doctor (which I'm not) I would prescribe you 10,000 IU of Vitamin D per day. Which is normally a high dose but you'll need it for your body to catch up. Iron would also be a good supplement for you but you should get a peripheral blood smear and a CBC (complete blood count) to confirm. Ask your doctor for a blood test and he'll know what I'm talking about. Goodluck sxb

nice tip going to try this as well what would you recommend for focus issues and procrastination

dr.leorio

death\emitter
nice tip going to try this as well what would you recommend for focus issues and procrastination

Check your diet first and get rid of sugar (carbs). Take baby steps in removing it if you can't quit cold turkey. That means no candy, soda, donuts or fancy Starbucks drinks. Second, try drinking 5-6 cups of water per day and get in the gym minimum 3x a week. Give maxmium effort in the gym until you sweat like crazy. The first two weeks will suck but your body will get stronger and your metabolism will increase. A strong body leads to a strong mind. This will help your oversll focus. Do this for 2 months and see if there are any changes.

Btw,

Adderall is a chemical derivative of Methamphetamine. Literally meth. Use if for short term use for studying if you must but never take it longterm (more than a few weeks). It will slowly rot your brain and heart by overworking and can increase your risk of stroke and heart attack.

Check your diet first and get rid of sugar (carbs). Take baby steps in removing it if you can't quit cold turkey. That means no candy, soda, donuts or fancy Starbucks drinks. Second, try drinking 5-6 cups of water per day and get in the gym minimum 3x a week. Give maxmium effort in the gym until you sweat like crazy. The first two weeks will suck but your body will get stronger and your metabolism will increase. A strong body leads to a strong mind. This will help your oversll focus. Do this for 2 months and see if there are any changes.

Btw,

Adderall is a chemical derivative of Methamphetamine. Literally meth. Use if for short term use for studying if you must but never take it longterm (more than a few weeks). It will slowly rot your brain and heart by overworking and can increase your risk of stroke and heart attack.

thank you for the genuine advice, wallahi i really appreciate it, may allah bless you and yeah im going to start with changing my diet and working out, since ive been stress eating due to school, jazakallah khair and yeah looool im gonna stay away from that drug for now.

my nigga I either look darkskin or lightskin depending on the day, my skin bi-polar laakin I got a nice skincare routine so my face is always mashahllah :hahaidiot:

Trending