Anyone does Martial Arts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the last threads before I leave soon, so I want it to be interesting.

So does anyone do/did Martial Arts? I've trained in Muay Thai for the past seven years since I was a kid, but in the last two years I was training in a program that included Krav Maga, Systema and CQB all in one. But this year I'm thinking of starting something from the mystic east like Kung Fu, Aikido, Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do or even Ninjutsu. (Maybe I'll add Kendo or Laido as a bonus since I like sword styles too)

So what about you guys/gals?

@Gambit I bet you trained in some Martial Art, which one was it?

Apollo

VIP
These type of sports are not good for your brain, broski. They can lead to permanent damage.

Just lift weights. It is more effective.

Muay Thai? . That requires alot of kicking its like Thai version of traditional boxing which specializes in low kicks isnt it?. I myself use to do boxing and Taekwondo. I only got to yellow belt in taekwondo before i quit tho. But i did boxing a while back and i was more or less just long ass light weight outfigher with massive reach

T

Tokio

I recently started doing Krav Maga. not that I even wanted to begin with but my mate made me join in with him.

I am more into liftin that knocking nikkas out.

These type of sports are not good for your brain, broski. They can lead to permanent damage.

I've been weight lifting for ages, but sometimes showing off muscles wont win you a fight and I learnt that the hard way! lol

One of the last threads before I leave soon, so I want it to be interesting.

So does anyone do/did Martial Arts? I've trained in Muay Thai for the past seven years since I was a kid, but in the last two years I was training in a program that included Krav Maga, Systema and CQB all in one. But this year I'm thinking of starting something from the mystic east like Kung Fu, Aikido, Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do or even Ninjutsu. (Maybe I'll add Kendo or Laido as a bonus since I like sword styles too)

So what about you guys/gals?

@Gambit I bet you trained in some Martial Art, which one was it?

2922826-2270522377-nASzX.gif

Did jiujiutsu but was still on white belt and the gym was closed

Muay Thai? . That requires alot of kicking its like Thai version of traditional boxing which specializes in low kicks isnt it?. I myself use to do boxing and Taekwondo. I only got to yellow belt in taekwondo before i quit tho. But i did boxing a while back and i was more or less just long ass light weight outfigher with massive reach

Yep, since its called eight limbs for a reason it doesn't only focus on kicking but also kneeing, elbowing, punching and foot-jabbing. I enjoyed doing it a lot, and it helped me kick ass major time during School and College time. Now its stuck to my brain! lol

For me Taekwondo isn't cool, since it you can get your ass kicked major time if you're not careful. But Muay Thai focuses heavily on defence and also on striking the enemy efficiently! lol

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP

It's actually good for the mind and body to learn some form of self-defence/martial arts. They teach you discipline, and patience so you won't lash out at the next guy who disrespects you. As long as you are not competing, and you're just training, then you're all good. Taking part in tournaments is what causes damage most of the time.

I recently started doing Krav Maga. not that I even wanted to begin with but my mate made me join in with him.

I am more into liftin that knocking nikkas out.

Krav Maga is useful, it helps you fight against a group as an individual plus counter someone if they have a weapon.

I also like lifting but I kinda got bored of it after getting hench loads of times, and sometimes being hench won't help you while having beef! lol

Yep, since its called eight limbs for a reason it doesn't only focus on kicking but also kneeing, elbowing, punching and foot-jabbing. I enjoyed doing it a lot, and it helped me kick ass major time during School and College time. Now its stuck to my brain! lol

For me Taekwondo isn't cool, since it you can get your ass kicked major time if you're not careful. But Muay Thai focuses heavily on defence and also on striking the enemy efficiently! lol

This is very true Taekwondo is mainly offence dont even remember learning any defensive moves, just whole lot of boring ass kicking. Boxing on the other hand was heavy on the defensive part guarding, bobbing, weaving and foot work.

He was a white old male with bags of experience. What puts me off jiujutsu and karate iyo waxas is always full of kids.Thats why I dont bother anymore. Might try kickboxing in the future

You should do Muay Thai, its more deadly bro. Plus if you don't want to see Ciyaal, find a day in the timetable that only has adults and then you'll be sorted! lol

This is very true Taekwondo is mainly offence dont even remember learning any defensive moves, just whole lot of boring ass kicking. Boxing on the other hand was heavy on the defensive part guarding, bobbing, weaving and foot work.

Here's a video of MT vs TKD, you can clearly see the superiority and advantages of Muay Thai! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.