Another student from Somaliland goes to Oxford

A local Somaliland Abaarso student is a finalist for the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship.

She will have a full ride, all expenses covered, study at Oxford University.

I lost count of how many Somalilander locals were sent to prestigious international institutions. What is great about these Abaarso students is they all come back and work in Somaliland, some of them are now teachers in Somaliland schools.

In 5-10 years, Somaliland's education sector will be huge, and surrounding regions in Somalia and Ethiopia will pay top dollar for a place at SL schools and universities.

:salute:

Epi

I’m not a little kid

A local Somaliland Abaarso student is a finalist for the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship.

I lost count of how many Somalilander locals were sent to prestigious international institutions. What is great about these Abaarso students is they all come back and work in Somaliland, some of them are now teachers in Somaliland schools.

In 5-10 years, Somaliland's education sector will be huge, and surrounding regions in Somalia and Ethiopia will pay top dollar for a place at SL schools and universities.

Somalia*

W
giphy.gif

Yet the roads in Hargeisa are not paved , wrong priorities nigga

Puntites prefer Canada and US

What they prefer is irrelevant. Actually sending young people to these prestigious institutions is whats important. And no one is doing this better than Somaliland.

EbslENrXkAA_v9S.jpg

Jamal Yonis is another local Somalilander student who graduated from Berea College. There he was a member of Google and Facebook Developer clubs.

He was just offered a position at Dell where he will work before returning to Somaliland.

Ei3UxrfWoAMJ6ZG.jpg

Guuleed, an Abaarso alum who has been working in Somaliland since completing his studies, has been accepted into a Chemistry PhD program at Saint Lous University.

I can go on, the number of local Somalilander students who are returning home from world-class institutions to work in Somaliland is mind-blowing.

I predict within the next 5 years these students will start to take over and Somaliland will have a massive leap forward.

Trending