Ancient somali ritual hunting

I think the Awdal = Blessed/Holy land is stronger and also supported by the concentration of tombs of awliyo in the area including at 'Aw-Bare' , 'Aw-Bube', 'Sheikh', 'Aw-Barkhadle', etc. I am referring to the historical territory of Awdal not the modern Awdal region only

Haji Yusuf Barkhadle the guy who signed the Battle of Chelenqo surrender? He lived in Harar so his shrine should have been inside Harar. The Aw Barkhadle shrine is literally a few kilometers outside of Harar. My own uncle got his name because of that annual event where they traveled outside of Harar to Aw Barkhadle’s shrine and did dhikr
He signed chelenqo surrender? Then he might've been a very important man (perhaps 2nd in command after the emir?) I'm assuming it might've belonged to him as this aw barkhadle shrine near harar might be new considering people who visited the city didn't mention it. Also tarikh al mujahidin seems to be pointing out that aw barkhadle's tomb was located away from harar and it's surrounding areas.
it’s possible there was another Dakar, but unlike doggor we literally pronounce it Dakar. It’s one google map search away. Not far from Jugol.
Well this doggor seems from archelogical evidences to be a very massive city and walled (like dakkar) + the name similarities, very equalivent to be the capital of adal, is this dakar near harar the same?
I saw somewhere on wiki that it said Dunya Hawz. Can you send me the full screenshot of that passage?
Wiki misleads people, it's from tarikh al mujahidin
Screenshot_20240517-183456_Discord.jpg

I did not say that the origin of the name of the region/kingdom (Adal) came from the Arabic word (cadal), which means justice.

The word (Cadal) is of Somali origin and consists of two parts: the first part is (carro), which means ( land , sand ), and the second part is (Dir), meaning the Dir tribe,
so the meaning of ( carro Dir ) is ( land of Dir ).
But with the modification, the word became ( cad dal ) by changing the letter ( r ) to the letter ( d ), as in the word (Canjeero) , which is also pronounced ( Canjeelo).

Adi Keyh / Cadi qiix (Tigrinya: ዓዲ ቐይሕ "Red Village") . Adi ( ዓዲ ) means country , land , village in Tigrinya language .

عدي قيح هي مدينة، في إريتريا

Carro Dir → Cad Dal → Caddal → Cadal

عر در ← عد دل ← عدل

كلمة ( عدل ) هي من اصل صومالي مكونة من مقطعين : المقطع الاول ( عر ) التي تعني ( ارض ) والمقطع الثاني ( در ) اي قبيلة ( در ) الصومالية ، فيكون معنى ( عر در ) هو ( ارض الدر )
ولكن مع التحوير اصبحت الكلمة ( عر در ) الى ( عد دل ) بتغير حرف الراء الى حرف الدال ، كما في كلمة ( عنجيرو ) التي تنطق ايضا ( عنجيلو ) .
Icl this is suugo science at it's finest, you also gave another etymology of the word adal
Cad-dal=the white land, but awdal should be accepted as the universal etymology bro as we got al dimishiqi mentioning it to

Screenshot_20240517-184529_Chrome.jpg

اوتل=اودل

"And the Sea of Mandam and the Sea of Aden, and its outlet is between Awdal and Aden, between two mountains, and it passes by the coast of this man called the Gulf of Qalzam to the north, on the A'jam mainland, because the eastern land of it is the Arab Land, and the coast of the A'jam mainland passes through the country."

So adal should be how non-somalis pronounced awdal. Somalis probably didn't pronounce it as adal, we got sayyid Muhammad abdullah hassan mentioning it too (one of our greatest poets) as awdal:

"Bullaxaar agteediyo hadaan, Awdal yaacin"

And one last thing, the locals didn't call the kingdom adal didn't you wonder why the name adal was never mentioned in the futuh?

They called it ba'ar sa'ad al din and there's another account of them calling it zeila
1704775161830.png

So yeah awdal most likely didn't come from adal but the other way around nor did carro dir give birth to these terms (doesn't make sense at all).

Icl this is suugo science at it's finest, you also gave another etymology of the word adal
Cad-dal=the white land, but awdal should be accepted as the universal etymology bro as we got al dimishiqi mentioning it to

View attachment 329028
اوتل=اودل

"And the Sea of Mandam and the Sea of Aden, and its outlet is between Awdal and Aden, between two mountains, and it passes by the coast of this man called the Gulf of Qalzam to the north, on the A'jam mainland, because the eastern land of it is the Arab Land, and the coast of the A'jam mainland passes through the country."

So adal should be how non-somalis pronounced awdal. Somalis probably didn't pronounce it as adal, we got sayyid Muhammad abdullah hassan mentioning it too (one of our greatest poets) as awdal:

And one last thing, the locals didn't call the kingdom adal didn't you wonder why the name adal was never mentioned in the futuh?

They called it ba'ar sa'ad al din and there's another account of them calling it zeila
View attachment 329030

So yeah awdal most likely didn't come from adal but the other way around nor did carro dir give birth to these terms (doesn't make sense at all).

Good point, non of the other local chronicles referred to it as Adal sultanate either. Easy to see why because it was just a regional name for a city and it's surrounding area. They refer to the kingdom by the name of the ruling dynasty.

Richard Burton mentions it as well Somalis calling Zayla Awdal.

First Footsteps in East Africa: First Footsteps in East ... - Page 38

Zayla, called Audal or Auzal by the Somal, is a town about the size of Suez,

Even Awfat is corrupted as Yifat or Ifat by non-Somalis when we know from Arab sources Awfat is the correct spelling/pronounciation. And that too was most likely just a regional name for a town and it's surounding area.

The leading provinces/regions in sucession: Awdal ---> Awfat ----> Awdal ----> Awsa

He signed chelenqo surrender? Then he might've been a very important man (perhaps 2nd in command after the emir?) I'm assuming it might've belonged to him as this aw barkhadle shrine near harar might be new considering people who visited the city didn't mention it. Also tarikh al mujahidin seems to be pointing out that aw barkhadle's tomb was located away from harar and it's surrounding areas.
How is surrendering to our eternal enemies worthy of giving someone a shrine? You and I both know that’s goofy. Even if that was the case, his shrine wouldn’t be kilometers away from Harar. It would be inside Harar. But Aw Barkhadle shrine is a few kilometers outside the walls of Harar.
Well this doggor seems from archelogical evidences to be a very massive city and walled (like dakkar) + the name similarities, very equalivent to be the capital of adal, is this dakar near harar the same?
I sent a pdf above talking about archeological sites found kilometers away from Harar.
Wiki misleads people, it's from tarikh al mujahidin
Interesting, it says Daynalehur. The Dayna you suggested means “loan” right? Hararis call it “dayni”, but it makes no sense here.

View attachment 329028
اوتل=اودل

View attachment 329030

All of Maakhris stuff is suugo etymology, he just connects words based on sounds

How is surrendering to our eternal enemies worthy of giving someone a shrine? You and I both know that’s goofy. Even if that was the case, his shrine wouldn’t be kilometers away from Harar. It would be inside Harar. But Aw Barkhadle shrine is a few kilometers outside the walls of Harar.
At least he was there, the emir fled while he still remained in the city it's really possible that they made a shrine for him. But yeah they might be different I'm making this assumption because they had the exact same name and no old mention exist of this shrine.
I sent a pdf above talking about archeological sites found kilometers away from Harar.
It doesn't mention dakkar or anything notable to be the capital of adal.
Interesting, it says Daynalehur. The Dayna you suggested means “loan” right? Hararis call it “dayni”, but it makes no sense here.
It says Dayna Hur, i didn't suggest that it means "loan" idk what it means but it ain't a harari name. This is how it's pronounced maybe have arabic root.