Ancient History Of Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
I've come across a report on archaeological sites in Somaliland and found it very interesting so I decided to share!
Somalilandsewq.jpg

This is interesting, thanks for your post.
Apparently there is a problem with people looting these archealogical sites and selling things on the black market, which is a shame.
Can you link where your screen shots are from?

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Great thread my friend, I have taken it upon myself to buy a Phantom drone that will prove useful when carrying out a expedition into the various uncharted territories in Somaliland. Throughout the years I've kept a look out via satellite imagery and found some interesting stuff:

My favourite is this site off the coast of the red sea, about 19 miles east of Berbera, it is blocked if you directly try to enter it through the west by a mountain, and if you follow this mountain downwards there is a entrance into a vast sand dune desert of absolute nothingness.

bGagMZB.jpg

Here is a zoomed image
rYAOzxn.jpg

You can see the mountain on the western side, by that beautiful beach with white sand, also uncharted!

This is a super zoomed in image of the circle above, you can clearly see a structure and then a few mounds in the sand, sand is a excellent preserver as proved by the discoveries made in Egypt. Therefore, could these mounds then be a sign of something beneath it? Why would this structure (square) be in the middle of nowhere, this could possibly be the sight of a ancient Somali trading port..

28aqq35.jpg

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
Somaliland has so much history all we know as of now is probably just a pinch of salt but sadly some poor masakeen sell our history on the black market to wealthy people.We also need more Somali archaeologists on the ground

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
These guys making a lot of money from selling antiques can't really blame them but Sland govt and UNESCO should do more
looting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending