Amisom chickens leaves Leego after losing 39 soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
We aren't paying them right now, the EU is, however once we are back on our feet they expect us to pay them back.
It's not a loan, get that through your head abaayo.:francis:

like hell, Somalis are gonna get "loans" for foreign soldiers:drakekidding:

You can't scapegoat them for all your faults. They were asked to help restore governmental order. Even though they may do all of which you have said, they are still the ones who have bled for your country. I haven't heard "patriotic Somalians going back to help fight for their country, so you can atleast be grateful. the reason why the anarchy and chaos have lasted so long is the fault of the government and people in these regions.

Don't get me wrong I am very grateful for the work the Ugandan soldiers have done for Somalia. They have tried to restore some semblance of peace. Without them Al Shabaab would be ruling all of Somalia today. Some factions of Amisom are good, like the Ugandans and the Djiboutis. However we all know Ethiopia and Kenya are only there for the money and to make sure Somalia never rises again. Those two should have never been allowed to be part of Amisom. It's like a Pakistani army being a peacekeping envoy in India or Isreali being one in Palestain. It just doesn't work.

You can't scapegoat them for all your faults. They were asked to help restore governmental order. Even though they may do all of which you have said, they are still the ones who have bled for your country. I haven't heard of "patriotic" Somalians going back to help fight for their country, so you can atleast be grateful. the reason why the anarchy and chaos have lasted so long is the fault of the government and people in these regions.
Of course Somalis would bleed and die for their country, there's Somali soldiers who get paid 100$ (sometimes nothing) who are willing to fight AS, the problem is there's dirt poor countries (kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Burundi ect) who live of aid that see Somalia as a free money from EU, so they try to keep the status quo going in order to get donations, but that's coming to an end soon.

Agent 47

How very naive you are, you should know by now how the world works.
Yeah, I am very naive. everyone knows it's not a loan. you think Somalia would accept foreign mercenaries into it's soil and get loans for it?:lawd:

Don't get me wrong I am very grateful for the work the Ugandan soldiers have done for Somalia. They have tried to restore some semblance of peace. Without them Al Shabaab would be ruling all of Somalia today. Some factions of Amisom are good, like the Ugandans and the Djiboutis. However we all know Ethiopia and Kenya are only there for the money and to make sure Somalia never rises again. Those two should have never been allowed to be part of Amisom. It's like a Pakistani army being a peacekeping envoy in India or Isreali being one in Palestain. It just doesn't work.
I agree, Ethiopia should have never went into Somalia. During the decision to join AMISOM, many Ethiopians in the country and out were against it. Ethiopia has still helped Somalia regain many regions and towns from the grips of Shabab, who's to say that Somalia would even control what it does now without them.

Mohamedali

Sug dee ninyahow
Don't get me wrong I am very grayeful for the work tbe Ugandan soldiers have done for Somalia. They have tried to restore some semblacbe of peace. Without them Al Shabaab would be ruling all of Somalia today. Some factions of Amisom are good, like the Ugandans and the Djiboutis. However we all know Ethiopia and Kenya are only there for the money and to make sure Somalia never rises again. Those two should have never been allowed to be part of Amisom. It's like a Pakistani army being a peacekeping envoy in India or Isreali being one in Palestain. It just doesn't work.
I completely agrea with you on this if you have been watching the government's action closely recently you would be aware that farmaajo ordered amisom to get the hell out amisom then saving their own face to have a 'legitamate' reason to stay in somali went into sh.hoose to fight alshabab 39 of their soldiers were killed their governments ordered tbem to pull out of somalia do farmaajo checked mate them nicely . Also recently farmaajo appointedd new political advisor and taliyaasha iidanka including aqoonyahaans so yhings are looking good

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Any "good" that AMISOM has done is negated by the fact that they raped Somali women and girls
9Cbddty.png

Agent 47

I agree, Ethiopia should have never went into Somalia. During the decision to join AMISOM, many Ethiopians in the country and out were against it. Ethiopia has still helped Somalia regain many regions and towns from the grips of Shabab, who's to say that Somalia would even control what it does now without them.
Regions? like hell you did:westbrookwtf:

Towns but not an entire region.

Yeah, I am very naive. everyone knows it's not a loan. you think Somalia would accept foreign mercenaries into it's soil and get loans for it?:lawd:

@Asma is right here. The troop contributing countries will expect something in return for the lives lost to the campaign.

It's well known that Ethiopians retreat from towns and leave their arms/supplies for Al Shabaab. Ethiopians work with them, they have never been attacked by Al Shabaab. Al Shabaab recently demanded that everyone in their areas stop using Somali shillings and start using Ethiopian Birr. It is agreemen between them. Kenya doesn't work with Al Shabaab, but the only reason they are there is because greedy Kenyan politicians are hoping to steal our waters. The Kenyan army is lazy, unprofessional and corrupt. Just like how they are in their own country.

That's where u got it all wrong, any foreign troop in somalia (especially Ethiopians) would be seen as a target by any Somali (weather they're Al Shabaab or not is irrelevant) it feeds into the narrative that the host country is being invaded, if the west never forced Amisom and Ethiopia to invade somalia, we wouldn't be speaking about Al shabaab today.

Hundreds of Amisom troops and thousands of Ethiopian troops died for nothing, which is sad.

Agent 47

@Asma is right here. The troop contributing countries will expect something in return for the lives lost to the campaign.
They get paid, you think they work for free? they get military aid by EU also. I mean even If @Asma was right what the hell is Somalia going to give them in return?

Somalis are the same people who have sold their seas for pennies and are killing each other in the thousands. Why do you think we wouldnt stoop to this agreement?

They get paid, you think they work for free? they get military aid by EU also. I mean even If @Asma was right what the hell is Somalia going to give them in return?

You don't seem to understand what I'm telling you. Yes, right now we are not paying them, the EU is. However in the future we have to pay back the Europeans. Nothing in life is for free, the Europeans want their money back when we can pay it.

Agent 47

You don't seem to understand what I'm telling you. Yes, right now we are not paying them, the EU is. However in the future we have to pay back the Europeans. Nothing in life is for free, the Europeans want their money back when we can pay it.
Of course, they do, I know what you're saying But The Europeans are already milking our seas and are there to exploit our resources But what I'm trying to say is if Somalis knew the troops payment would be a loan to Somalia they would've never accept it.

Somalis would've instead said train us our own soldiers other than foreign mercenaries. It's insane, It would be 500B worth loan If not more.

It's well known that Ethiopians retreat from towns and leave their arms/supplies for Al Shabaab. Ethiopians work with them, they have never been attacked by Al Shabaab. Al Shabaab recently demanded that everyone in their areas stop using Somali shillings and start using Ethiopian Birr. It is agreemen between them. Kenya doesn't work with Al Shabaab, but the only reason they are there is because greedy Kenyan politicians are hoping to steal our waters. The Kenyan army is lazy, unprofessional and corrupt. Just like how they are in their own country.
I understand your frustration. It's been many years without much progress, but there's still hope.

On the whole Ethiopia supporting Shabab, it's really not that simple. Yes, Ethiopia might have wanted a destabilized and weak Somalia originally (early 2000s), but currently they have nothing to benefit from chaos in the region. It scares investors away and impacts Ethiopias strategic trade routes. Ethiopia doesn't even supply or help Eritrean rebels which is its biggest threat so saying they supply Shabab is ludicrous.

Ethiopians have been attacked in Shabab controlled areas, taking many casualities so saying that it didn't happen is false. The whole Birr being used was a result of fake money in circulation...plus many Somalis on the border area trade and do business on both sides.

Shabab gets support from all those who have to gain, including Saudis (radicalization) and Eritrea (distracted Ethiopia).

Of course, they do, I know what you're saying But The Europeans are already milking our seas and are there to exploit our resources But what I'm trying to say is if Somalis knew the troops payment would be a loan to Somalia they would've never accept it.

Somalis would've instead said train us our own soldiers other than foreign mercenaries. It's insane, It would be 500B worth loan If not more.

Beggars can't be choosers. We have no bargaining chip to negotiate. It was either take the deal or nothing. Do you know it was only until the 1990s that the UK was able to pay back the US for all the "help" they gave them during WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts