Amharas launch 'National Movement of Amharas' political/military group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Amharas now have a national movement. The motto of National Movement of Amhara (NAMA0 reads: “one Amhara for All Amhara; all Amhara for one Amhara”. Ensuring the interests of Amhara are not compromised and defending ethnic Amhara’s from ethnic-based attacks in different parts of Ethiopia is expected to be the priority of the party. Weaking and attacking ethnic Amhara, say, proponents of the movement, has been essentially a crucial component of the political ideology of Tigray People’s Liberation Front which is believed to have directly and indirectly orchestrated numerous attacks on ethnic Amharas in different parts of Ethiopia. Amhara activists believe nearly five million ethnic Amhara people have been exterminated in what seemed to be a grand depopulating strategy of TPLF.

Recently, members of ethnic Amhara Ethiopians have been victims of the ethnic-based attack in regions like Benshangul and Oromo region of Ethiopia. This week alone, for example, at least 20 ethnic Amhara have been killed in Qelem district of Wollega in Oromo region, according toAmnesty International report which called for the government to defend victims of “escalating ethnic attacks.”

National-Movement-of-Amhara_.jpg

https://www.borkena.com/2018/06/10/national-movement-of-amhara-party-in-bahir-dar/

:gaasdrink:

One Amhara for All Amhara; all Amhara for one Amhara kulahaa these niggas gotta be joking:hemad:
:chrisfreshhah:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Amhara activists believe nearly five million ethnic Amhara people have been exterminated
:drakekidding:
This week alone, for example, at least 20 ethnic Amhara have been killed in Qelem district of Wollega in Oromo region
:ooh:
This is from 2 months ago but Abiy has been PM since April. I thought there was an alliance between Oromo and Amharo because Abiy's mom is Amharo and he is very Amharised.

Oromos are actually doing it. They're actually making enemies of everyone!
:hemad:
The inevitable retaliation will be glorious.
:banderas:

so my abti was right when he said 3 million ahmaar were killed by tigra, ahmaar claim 5 million were exterminated, chaps it doesnt matter what the number is, what matters is the propaganda it creates, all war is deception, the more Ethiopia is screwed up, the more MY Ogadeniya is likely to become a country insha Allah

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
The disintegration of Ethiopia is inevitable at this time. Every ethnic group to govern itself will be the best solution to get rid off the mistrust and sentiment within the Ethiopian communities.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
Is the Oromo and Amhara alliance falling apart?

Is the Oromo and Amhara alliance falling apart?

No, it is not. The title of this thread is also misleading. The national movement of Amhara (NAMA) is a two month old new political party (not military front) that was established by Amhara intellectuals to beat the current ANDM (part of EPRDF) party in the next election and completely bring the Amahra region under nationalist and visionary Amhara leaders. ANDM is seen as a former TPLF slave even if ANDM with OPDO pushed TPLF from Ethiopian power center and reduced it to Tigray region. But still many Amharas think Amhara region needs a new party with a long term vision for Amhara that is lead by capable intellectuals to protect the interests of Amhara for decades to come.

The new party was not established against Oromos or against the Amhara-Oromo alliance. That is not the case. If anything Amhara nationalism is against TPLF and for bringing back former Amhara territories that was illegally stolen by Tigray.

I have to admit that this new party has become a phenomena in Amhara region. Since its establishment 2 months ago, it has been conducting open meetings and town halls and opening offices all over Amhara cities and towns (Bahrdar, Dessie, Debre Berhan etc.) with always full packed halls. Its first gofundme fundraising met the targeted 50,000 USD just in 3 days. Because of the many intellectuals that are leading this new party, they have becoming the most supported and dominant party in Amhara region just in 2 months. The party is not only focused on the next election but is studying and planning a master plan for Amhara region for the next 45 years. A master plan that outlines how to develop fast the region. I have to yet to see any other political party currently in Ethiopia that is doing its home work so early before the elections day. 98% The opposition is still in slumber and will only start real activities few weeks before election by then it would be very difficult but this party is in full election mode so early. It has been opening its offices and branches even in small towns and weredas. It looks like this party had a long preparation phase and a good financial backing.

If this party continues with this pace, I see no chance for the current ruling party ANDM (EPRDF) in Amhara region. I have to also give credit for the Amhara state medias and TV for reporting accurately about this new party and giving them a fair share of airspace. Credit also goes to the current ANDM administration and the security forces who have been very cooperative by providing security and other support during the party's rallies.

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
No, it is not. The title of this thread is also misleading. The national movement of Amhara (NAMA) is a two month old new political party (not military front) that was established by Amhara intellectuals to beat the current ANDM (part of EPRDF) party in the next election and completely bring the Amahra region under nationalist and visionary Amhara leaders. ANDM is seen as a former TPLF slave even if ANDM with OPDO pushed TPLF from Ethiopian power center and reduced it to Tigray region. But still many Amharas think Amhara region needs a new party with a long term vision for Amhara that is lead by capable intellectuals to protect the interests of Amhara for decades to come.

The new party was not established against Oromos or against the Amhara-Oromo alliance. That is not the case. If anything Amhara nationalism is against TPLF and for bringing back former Amhara territories that was illegally stolen by Tigray.

I have to admit that this new party has become a phenomena in Amhara region. Since its establishment 2 months ago, it has been conducting open meetings and town halls all over Amhara cities and towns (Bahrdar, Dessie, Debre Berhan etc.) with always full packed halls. Its first gofundme fundraising met the targeted 50,000 USD just in 3 days. Because of the many intellectuals that are leading this new party, they have becoming the most supported and dominant party in Amhara region just in 2 months. The party is not only focused on the next election but is studying and planning a master plan for Amhara region for the next 45 years. A master plan that outlines how to develop fast the region. I have to yet to see any other political party currently in Ethiopia that is doing its home work so early before the elections day. 98% The opposition is still in slumber and will only start real activities few weeks before election by then it would be very difficult but this party is in full election mode so early. It has been opening its offices and branches even in small towns and weredas. It looks like this party had a long preparation phase and a good financial backing.

If this party continues with this pace, I see no chance for the current ruling party ANDM (EPRDF) in Amhara region. I have to also give credit for the Amhara state medias and TV for reporting accurately about this new party and giving them a fair share of airspace. Credit also goes to the current ANDM administration and the security forces who have been very cooperative by providing security and other support during the party's rallies.
Can you tell us about the Amxaro genocide of 5 million committed by the Tigrinya?
:mjkkk:

Can you tell us about the Amxaro genocide of 5 million committed by the Tigrinya?
:mjkkk:

That is of course a myth but used against TPLF often and worked to motivate the Amhara youth to join the fight against TPLF. The 5 million talk started in 2007 right after the 2005 only contested election where Amharas overwhelmingly voted against TPLF/EPRDF. In 2007 the last official census was made public and in that census TPLF purposely reduced the Amhara population number by some 3 million. It did so to punish them for their rebellion so that their region gets less Budget from the fed. gov. and less seats in the national parliament. Little do TPLF knew that this official statistics will be used to agitate the Amhara youth against TPLF by the diaspora and Amhara medias. It was a short sighted move by TPLF which by now it regrets it because of the massive propaganda impact it had.

Aside from that there was always rumor circulating that TPLF may give Amhara women a forced birth control injection to reduce the population. Apart from some individuals that claim so, I have not seen any evidence to support this kind of massive operation. Besides, Amahras are by far the majority in every federal institutions and are the majority when it comes to skilled and educated force. This kind of massive operation can't go unnoticed by Amhara professionals in the field. That is simply impossible and I have yet to see a single health professional even discuss this issue let alone confirm it.

Von

I have to admit that this new party has become a phenomena in Amhara region. Since its establishment 2 months ago, it has been conducting open meetings and town halls and opening offices all over Amhara cities and towns (Bahrdar, Dessie, Debre Berhan etc.) with always full packed halls. Its first gofundme fundraising met the targeted 50,000 USD just in 3 days. Because of the many intellectuals that are leading this new party, they have becoming the most supported and dominant party in Amhara region just in 2 months. The party is not only focused on the next election but is studying and planning a master plan for Amhara region for the next 45 years. A master plan that outlines how to develop fast the region. I have to yet to see any other political party currently in Ethiopia that is doing its home work so early before the elections day. 98% The opposition is still in slumber and will only start real activities few weeks before election by then it would be very difficult but this party is in full election mode so early. It has been opening its offices and branches even in small towns and weredas. It looks like this party had a long preparation phase and a good financial backing.

Fact! Oromos are taking over and Amharas are losing the control of the beast they unleashed. This isn't 19/20th century Oromos
Aside from that there was always rumor circulating that TPLF may give Amhara women a forced birth control injection to reduce the population. Apart from some individuals that claim so, I have not seen any evidence to support this kind of massive operation. Besides, Amahras are by far the majority in every federal institutions and are the majority when it comes to skilled and educated force. This kind of massive operation can't go unnoticed by Amhara professionals in the field. That is simply impossible and I have yet to see a single health professional even discuss this issue let alone confirm it.
As much as i hate you Xabesha, Xabesha women can move into the Somali homeland:diddyass:

That is of course a myth but used against TPLF often and worked to motivate the Amhara youth to join the fight against TPLF. The 5 million talk started in 2007 right after the 2005 only contested election where Amharas overwhelmingly voted against TPLF/EPRDF. In 2007 the last official census was made public and in that census TPLF purposely reduced the Amhara population number by some 3 million. It did so to punish them for their rebellion so that their region gets less Budget from the fed. gov. and less seats in the national parliament. Little do TPLF knew that this official statistics will be used to agitate the Amhara youth against TPLF by the diaspora and Amhara medias. It was a short sighted move by TPLF which by now it regrets it because of the massive propaganda impact it had.

1) do ahmaars and this new part in general want to get rid of federalism and bring back centralism?

2) do ahmaars want to enslave oromo and tigras once again after they retake the nation

if ahmaar try to retake the nation do you think oromo can stop them this time?

3) do yall see oromo as backward good for nothing slaves ? why do ahmaaras look down on oromos (my Ogaden ancestors looked down on oromo as savage and primitive, seems they were right by with oormo is doing,

4) if ahmaars retake back ethiopia do they want to bring back the royal family living abroad?

5) if yall retake the nation, how will ahmaara keep oromo under lock as they are nearly 40 million and wild and have tatsed power and freedom?

6) is it true ahmaar lands (small ) was given to sudan by zenawi and ahmaar are fighting with sudan rebeles on the border to get the land back?

7) how will yall punish tigra if yall retake back Ethiopia ?

1) do ahmaars and this new part in general want to get rid of federalism and bring back centralism?

2) do ahmaars want to enslave oromo and tigras once again after they retake the nation

if ahmaar try to retake the nation do you think oromo can stop them this time?

3) do yall see oromo as backward good for nothing slaves ? why do ahmaaras look down on oromos (my Ogaden ancestors looked down on oromo as savage and primitive, seems they were right by with oormo is doing,

4) if ahmaars retake back ethiopia do they want to bring back the royal family living abroad?

5) if yall retake the nation, how will ahmaara keep oromo under lock as they are nearly 40 million and wild and have tatsed power and freedom?

6) is it true ahmaar lands (small ) was given to sudan by zenawi and ahmaar are fighting with sudan rebeles on the border to get the land back?

7) how will yall punish tigra if yall retake back Ethiopia ?

1) No that is a TPLF propaganda. You have to know that TPLF portrays Amhara as anti federalist while Amhara are fighting against TPLF for their former Amhara territories to be included in their State. How can a people who are fighting for their state's borders be against federalism. TPLF knows that other ethnics would buy this propaganda. TPLF also had portrayed Oromos as secessionist and anti Ethiopian and many still believe this propaganda. These two propagandas have the purpose to scare others from Amhara-Oromo rule because TPLF knew from the start where the power challenge would come from.

2) No one retakes the nation. In Ethiopia there is no party or ethnic group that can bring a 50%+ majority. Amharas know that and Oromos know that. There is no way that one ethnic group or party can rule alone. So everybody needs coalitions especially after the free elections. Both Amhara and Oromo elite know very well they cannot rule alone but can rule together.

3) "Looking down" is subjective matter, some do and I am very sure many don't.

4) Royal family thing is dead on arrival. 99% of Amharas want nothing but full democracy. Royal families are very respected though and their legacy seen with high pride in Amhara region.

5) No one retakes anything alone without risking a civil war which nobody wants. Oromos know there is no chance for them to win the election alone and run a government. Even if a party wins 100% in Oromia which is very unlikely, that party would still make at max 35-40% and can't form a government. The same goes for Amhara. Either both have to fight for as many as smaller ethnics to bring to their coalition or the big two agree on the coalition and make the majority. It seems the elites of both people have decide to opt for the later, which is easier by far. Both have to deal only with one partner instead of dozens to get a majority seat.

6) It is true that Amhara farmers have been fighting for years against the sudanese army because TPLF unofficially promised them (not officially handed them) some Amhara farmland. But Amhara farmers until recently as few weeks ago were fighting any sudanese soldiers that try to take their land. You have to know in Amhara rural culture every household has weapons. It is a culture in Amhara region that both the derg and TPLF failed to disarm. Every able men in rural Amhara are armed and never go outside of his home without his AK-47. They also use guns as firearms for example during funereal or church services. That is the reason some Ethiopians call Amharas Neftegnas meaning gun carriers. The good thing is that they still hold all their farmlands and currently for the first time in 27 years PM Abiy sent the army to support them and also sent his foreign minister to Sudan to calm the situation. With PM Abiy they have got someone who stands with them for the first time.

7) No one wants to punish Tigray as long as they accept their 5% democratic status and don't try to impose their will by force. If they accept democratic rule I think there will be no revenge whatsoever.

The following video is very recent (few weeks ago) and shows a funereal procession for one of the fallen farmers that were fighting the sudanese army. It shows you a typical funereal in rural Amhara.

Last edited:

Von

1) No that is a TPLF propaganda. You have to know that TPLF portrays Amhara as anti federalist while Amhara are fighting against TPLF for their former Amhara territories to be included in their State. How can a people who are fighting for their state's borders be against federalism. TPLF knows that other ethnics would buy this propaganda. TPLF also had portrayed Oromos as secessionist and anti Ethiopian and many still believe this propaganda. These two propagandas have the purpose to scare others from Amhara-Oromo rule because TPLF knew from the start where the power challenge would come from.

2) No one retakes the nation. In Ethiopia there is no party or ethnic group that can bring a 50%+ majority. Amharas know that and Oromos know that. There is no way that one ethnic group or party can rule alone. So everybody needs coalitions especially after the free elections. Both Amhara and Oromo elite know very well they cannot rule alone but can rule together.

3) "Looking down" is subjective matter, some do and I am very sure many don't.

4) Royal family thing is dead on arrival. 99% of Amharas want nothing but full democracy. Royal families are very respected though and their legacy seen with high pride in Amhara region.

5) No one retakes anything alone without risking a civil war which nobody wants. Oromos know there is no chance for them to win the election alone and run a government. Even if a party wins 100% in Oromia which is very unlikely, that party would still make at max 35-40% and can't form a government. The same goes for Amhara. Either both have to fight for as many as smaller ethnics to bring to their coalition or the big two agree on the coalition and make the majority. It seems the elites of both people have decide to opt for the later, which is easier by far. Both have to deal only with one partner instead of dozens to get a majority seat.

6) It is true that Amhara farmers have been fighting for years against the sudanese army because TPLF unofficially promised them (not officially handed them) some Amhara farmland. But Amhara farmers until recently as few weeks ago were fighting any sudanese soldiers that try to take their land. You have to know in Amhara rural culture every household has weapons. It is a culture in Amhara region that both the derg and TPLF failed to disarm. Every able men in rural Amhara are armed and never go outside of his home without his AK-47. They also use guns as firearms for example during funereal or church services. That is the reason some Ethiopians call Amharas Neftegnas meaning gun carriers. The good thing is that they still hold all their farmlands and currently for the first time in 27 years PM Abiy sent the army to support them and also sent his foreign minister to Sudan to calm the situation. With PM Abiy they have got someone who stands with them for the first time.

7) No one wants to punish Tigray as long as they accept their 5% democratic status and don't try to impose their will by force. If they accept democratic rule I think there will be no revenge whatsoever.

The following video is very recent (few weeks ago) and shows a funereal procession for one of the fallen farmers that were fighting the sudanese army. It shows you a typical funereal in rural Amhara.

Isnt Bete Amhara another way of saying Greater Amhara which includes the capital? That's a war declaration.
Can't wait for the millions Xabesha women to flood the Somali homeland.:salute:

Von

Lol no such luck. It actually means house of Amhara.:hemad:
Bete Amhara (Amharic: ቤተ አማራ) was a region in Ethiopia that existed for centuries. It covered most of modern Ethiopia's south and north Wollo, significant parts of north Shewa, Gojam and Gonder zones.
Lol House of Amhara could also mean House (Homeland) of the Amhara.
I support Amhara claims to Northern Shewa, Addis Ababa :denzelnigga:

Bete Amhara (Amharic: ቤተ አማራ) was a region in Ethiopia that existed for centuries. It covered most of modern Ethiopia's south and north Wollo, significant parts of north Shewa, Gojam and Gonder zones.
Lol House of Amhara could also mean House (Homeland) of the Amhara.
I support Amhara claims to Northern Shewa, Addis Ababa :denzelnigga:

While Addis Ababa is contested Northen shewa and Wello is Amhara while the south is Oromo. Addis Ababa falls...in the middle of the Shewas which why it gets contested. Ethnically it leans toward Amhara but under the current map it's surround by Oromia region therefore it's a federal city much like dire dawa.

Xabashis better hope these nationalist tribal movements are just the fringes cause if it is a popular sentiment then Ethiopia will be in a worse state than it has ever been in. If Abiy is not able to mend ethnic tensions then the only way to avoid the doomsday scenario is to disintegrate on ethnic basis.

Isnt Bete Amhara another way of saying Greater Amhara which includes the capital? That's a war declaration.
Can't wait for the millions Xabesha women to flood the Somali homeland.:salute:

No, Bete-Amhara means literally house of Amhara but in this case it means homeland (country) or family (ethnicity) of the Amhara. Your house is your home and also figuratively your family. There are some historical references about Bete-Amhara in writings, paintings etc. Its historical center was wollo and northern showa. But it does not mean greater Amhara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts