Ambassador McCarter travelled to Somalia but did not meet President Farmaajo-US embassy in Kenya

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
20191024637074993606789625kme.jpg

NAIROBI (HOL) - The US. Embassy in Kenya has confirmed a visit to Mogadishu by Ambassador Kyle McCarter but noted the ambassador did not meet with President Mohamed Farmaajo as reported by a section of the Kenyan media.

In a response to HOL following an earlier article indicating there was no official response from the embassy, the Nairobi based embassy affirmed the meeting but noted Ambassador McCarter did meet with his counterpart in Somalia together with President Farmaajo’s advisors.

“As I said in a recent interview, when I traveled to Mogadishu earlier this year, Ambassador Yamamoto and I met with advisors to President Farmaajo,” the response read in part.

The United States, the embassy said is a strong partner of both countries and ‘we encourage both parties to resolve their dispute peacefully – given their shared interests as neighbors – and instead focus their efforts on the fight against al-Shabaab and building the blue economy’.

Somalia’s ambassador to Kenya Mohamed Tarsan also confirmed the U.S diplomat did not meet with President Farmaajo but indeed visited Mogadishu.

"There was no meeting between President Mohamed Farmaajo and the U.S ambassador to Kenya when he was in Mogadishu a few months ago. The Kenyan newspaper which made this claim should verify what they are publishing," ambassador Tarsan said.

Kenya’s Daily Nation in an interview with ambassador McCarter published October 22 said the ambassador had met with President Farmaajo and urged him to withdraw the ongoing maritime case at the International Court of Justice.

https://hiiraan.com/news4/2019/Oct/...t_president_farmaajo_us_embassy_in_kenya.aspx

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Kenya reports this every few months that there is a deal and the case will be withdrawn. And then the next thing you know they are begging for a delay at the ICJ.

Just shows you how much Somalia has advanced when US ambassadors don't court the attention of the president who has much more important issues to deal with. The langaab US ambassador to Kenya had to settle meeting with advisers. Wallahi Farmajo wa landheer :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I fell for this fake news too. It's important we combat Kenyan fake news now.