Ajuraan Empire Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the Afar manage to live there? :whew: I have heard they have T1a, I assume those are assimilated Dir. I would say Gadabursi and Issa are more related. In Djibouti, Somalis and Afar didn't marry until quite recently. In fact, it was frowned upon. This could be on both sides. The Afar engage in first cousin marriages. And Somalis are ultra endogamous. I will admit, the Afar are very combative, which is very Somali-like. Albeit the Afar have a slightly older language than Oromo and Somali, respectively. I think Somalis are the renegades of the Eastern Cush family. :wow1:
Which language (afar or Oromo) is closer to Somali anyways? I don't know much about the Issas and my view is mostly superficial.

In Ethiopia the Afar are regarded as warriors are left alone for the most part. The government in a ploy to garner more support by them has been offering them housing and education to resettle them in cities but they have refused for the most part. I think it's a long term strategy to annex Eritrean Afars.

Are you from dj by chance?

Sophisticate

Staff Member
Which language (afar or Oromo) is closer to Somali anyways? I don't know much about the Issas and my view is mostly superficial.

In Ethiopia the Afar are regarded as warriors are left alone for the most part. The government in a ploy to garner more support by them has been offering them housing and education to resettle them in cities but they have refused for the most part. I think it's a long term strategy to annex Eritrean Afars.

Are you from dj by chance?
I don't know know which one is closer. I think they are probably equidistant. I have 3 citzenships in the Horn of Africa. :rejoice: If anything goes down. I'm covered. I'm from K5 and I'm a G. :win: Education is our specialty and were known for civility.

Theories and presumptions arnt the same thing bro. I didnt assume anything i brough forward a theory of mine. And what somali history. Somali history is as lost as my other sock. Im just saying
Im a student of somali history. And proud of our known history. Thats why one day i plan on doing some digging in puntland and finding our true history
Theory-A set of assumptions, propositions, or accepted facts that attempts to provide a plausible or rational explanation of cause-and-effect (causal) relationships among a group of observed phenomenon.

I took a brief break from this site and i return to seeing pseudo historical garbage once again. Do yourself a favour and read back earlier topics that were already discussed

Yibir, a historically persecuted clan also took part in the cadalite jihad against the habesha/Portuguese.

Karanle took part in the adal wars of conquests, their lands of today are under Oromia jurisdiction, babile in this context (as with other traditional somali territories who are under the control of the aggressive land grabbing oromos).

What this person doesn't realise is that Hiraab and Geledi took part in the power vacuum in the early 17th century and ruled the south until the Scramble for Africa era.
Geledi collapsed due to their loss of religious unity after their leaders were killed by the Biomaal in the late 1870's.

Hiraab and Geledi were subjects and part of the Ajuuran state.

Darod arrived in the south only in the 1830's during the Bardheere Jihad for example.
Welcome back sxb

I don't know know which one is closer. I think they are probably equidistant. I have 3 citzenships in the Horn of Africa. :rejoice: If anything goes down. I'm covered. I'm from K5 and I'm a G. :win: Education is our specialty and were known for civility.
I see that you guys are prominent in all the countries that you inhabit and have had cohesion for a great while. I asked about dj because I have been there once and I couldn't understand how people survived living and working there. It felt as if I was directly on the sun.

Sophisticate

Staff Member
I see that you guys are prominent in all the countries that you inhabit and have had cohesion for a great while. I asked about dj because I have been there once and I couldn't understand how people survived living and working there. It felt as if I was directly on the sun.
Its barely habitable unless you put the A/C on full blast. And it's heavily reliant on food imports. I don't know why they choose to settle there. :browtf: Then again, it is a strategic location.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
I cant be on every second sxb, never the less this #FakeNews ur ppl are spreading is going too far, Daroods have claimed afar, oromos, and even Bantus, now ur going after mudulood, is qabooji
How is dat fake news. Warsangeli is fully darood. They are not hawiya. Stop claiming harti. We all know the story of warsangali abgaal

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
No need for the disrespect my brother. I am just exploring a theory. And during before and shortly after the reign of the adal sultanate the afar were apart of oir governmnent and population. We can even argue that ahmed gurey was afar because nobody knows his true background. During the reign of both the adal and ajuiran sultanate they were two seperate nations. There was no hawiya or rahanweyne in the adal sultanate. It was only darood dir isaac(which are part of dir in my opinion) and afar. I still believe afar is a lost somali tribe along with the harrari and the jeberti tribe in eritrea.
Afars are Cushitic like Somalis that is why we all look the same. as for Jeberti in Eritrea, Darood is the lost tribe. But I thought ya'll were from Yemen not Eritrea:mugshotman:

Agent 47

How is dat fake news. Warsangeli is fully darood. They are not hawiya. Stop claiming harti. We all know the story of warsangali abgaal
How is the "Lost" clan (Warsangali Abgal) bigger than the original one then?:siilaanyolaugh::ileycry:
Warsangali Abgal is 4x the size of Warsangali darood:drakelaugh:

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Ask a warsangeli abgaal if they are originally darood. They all know their origins is in puntland sanaag region

@Reer-Bari small advice history doesn't have IF or But or What if", it is called history because you can't alternate. Plz separated the history from your tribal thoughts or tribalism.
Something else, Adal was Somali sultanate and afar/Arab were subjects who lived under our rule. Afar later destroyed the Adal sultanate(if you read the history books) Adal changed their capital from Harar because of Oromo expansion later were destroyed by Afar tribes rebellion and afar (dankil expansion).

Agent 47

Dats a lie warsangeli abgaal is a minority in hirshabelle
f*ck I was confusing them with harti abgal:gucciwhat:
They're Bigger than warsangali darood though, being small in hirshabelle don't mean shit. they live in lower shabelle and banadir.

@Reer-Bari and rest of members here, Adal sultanate was not musical chair game that every ethnic group sat on throne chair once at it. No, the sultanate had one ethnic group that ruled Somalis and rest were subjects or conquered people. Learn the difference.

@Reer-Bari and rest of members here, Adal sultanate was not musical chair game that every ethnic group sat on throne chair once at it. No, the sultanate had one ethnic group that ruled Somalis and rest were subjects or conquered people. Learn the difference.
The conventional wisdom is that Adal was multi-ethnic and that Ahmad Gran's ethnicity isn't even known. The uniting factor is thought to have been Islam, not the Somali ethnicity. Especially in view of your suggestion that history is not a "what if" game and should not be constructed from qabyalad, I would love to see some links for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts