Ahmed Madobe VS Puntlanders: Round 3, Notice Of Complaint filed to SFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo6fxiQ.gif

Madobe built up a lot of political capital over the years. I really can't see anyone dislodging him from power peacefully.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
http://www.caasimada.net/beesha-har...y-khilaafka-ka-dhex-taagan-maamulka-jubbland/

:holeup:16 MJs compared to 3 Dhulbahante and 2 Warsengeli, and yet its called Harti when clearly its an MJ hiding behind the small gathered Hartis

Man these folks Mj's really are pain in the arse, flaming fitnah everywhere, now its Jubalands turn!......Hope my man Madobe is up for the challenge or he and his beesha might lose the Presidential seat to these power hungry folks:jcoleno:
May Allah protect and preserve mudane Ahmed madoobe:banderas:

Need I remind you that it was puntland who stood by jubaland when Hassan shiekh hired a few moryaans to wage war against jubaland.

@Prince of Lasanod, I don't think they have the capability to take over south Somalia again. They have been seriously degraded over the years through airstrikes. They can't pull another taliban since they lost most of their ports. It was easier for the talibans to build up because of the border with pakistan whereas Alshabab's major source of funding was taxation of the goods going through the ports and the uncontrolled smuggling of weapons through it. They have been reduced to a deadly hit and run terror group that relies on the booty collected from their rural sorties against the AMISOM/SNA

I may be seriously underestimating the clan dynamics on the ground which could throw a huge wrench in the stabilization of the country after 2018.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I don't think alshabab could get to puntland. It'll just return to the 2009 battlelines
It entirely depends. If hypothetically speaking, Ethiopia collapsed and the world completely ignored Somalia, and all the tribes in koonfur supported Al Shabab, then they'd reach Saylac forget about Puntland. Hawiye have mainly stopped supporting Al Shabab and it's only the minorities or other groups which do not hold enough power which is keeping Al Shabab alive today. No tribe in Somalia is sympathetic to Al Shabab's ideology though.

It entirely depends. If hypothetically speaking, Ethiopia collapsed and the world completely ignored Somalia, and all the tribes in koonfur supported Al Shabab, then they'd reach Saylac forget about Puntland.

In this hypothetical free-for all, wouldn't abdi iley become one of the major belligerents in this scramble for Somalia? Because if Ethiopia collapses he would try to get Jubbaland. It'll just end up like another 1992 instead of one sided domination

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I don't think they have the capability to take over south Somalia again. They have been seriously degraded over the years through airstrikes. They can't pull another taliban since they lost most of their ports. It was easier for the talibans to build up because of the border with pakistan whereas Alshabab's major source of funding was taxation of the goods going through the ports and the uncontrolled smuggling of weapons through it. They have been reduced to a deadly hit and run terror group that relies on the booty collected from their rural sorties against the AMISOM/SNA

You really think that it was looting that funded Al Shabab? The money from taxations and charcoal smuggling was just pocket change to them. A few tens of millions isn't going to maintain an operation like Al- Shabaab.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
In this hypothetical free-for all, wouldn't abdi iley become one of the major belligerents in this scramble for Somalia? Because if Ethiopia collapses he would try to get Jubbaland. It'll just end up like another 1992 instead of one sided domination
Liyuu Police would likewise collapse and all of it's members would join ONLF who'd become the dominant power in Ethiopia. Abdi Iley's legitimacy and power is only through TPLF. They'd all be united against the Amharas without a doubt.

1992 happened because Ethiopia and Kenya balanced all the factions.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
@Prince of Lasanod, I don't think they have the capability to take over south Somalia again. They have been seriously degraded over the years through airstrikes. They can't pull another taliban since they lost most of their ports. It was easier for the talibans to build up because of the border with pakistan whereas Alshabab's major source of funding was taxation of the goods going through the ports and the uncontrolled smuggling of weapons through it. They have been reduced to a deadly hit and run terror group that relies on the booty collected from their rural sorties against the AMISOM/SNA

I may be seriously underestimating the clan dynamics on the ground which could throw a huge wrench in the stabilization of the country after 2018.
Taliban is different to Al Shabab in many ways:

1) Most tribes support them meaning they have the legitimacy on ground. They're more of a jihadist nationalist group(based in only Afghanistan), wheres Al Shabab is a pan terrorist organization which obeys Al Qaeda.
2) Pakistan and Russia support them.
3) Afghanistan is mountainous. The terrain along with 1) means they'll never be defeated.

The US should just give up. They've lost.

Last edited:
You really think that it was looting that funded Al Shabab? The money from taxations and charcoal smuggling was just pocket change to them. A few tens of millions isn't going to maintain an operation like Al- Shabaab.

They were a force to be reckoned with back then because they marketed themselves well and had motivated non somalis muslims to flock to the country to fight and finance. They now lost that thunder to IS in Syria and have become an afterthought in the world's eyes.

Basically, yes I do believe they rely more on their activities inside the country than the shadowy financiers. Nowadays they're mostly used as an instrument by the regional countries to stay and get paid by the IC. Majority of the fighting are kids from the countryside not your typical jihadis battle hardened in the middle east

If Somalia can get heavy weaponry to fight Al Shabab then I can see them winning. Foreign mercs aren't going to stop something that gets them paid 3x more than they can get in their home country. You won't get that attitude with the local somalis troops who stand to lose more with bloodshed

Taliban is different to Al Shabab in many ways:

1) Most tribes support them meaning they have the legitimacy on ground. They're more of a jihadist nationalist group(based in only Afghanistan), wheres Al Shabab is a pan terrorist organization which obeys Al Qaeda.
2) Pakistan and Russia support them.
3) Afghanistan is mountainous. The terrain along with 1) means they'll never be defeated.

The US should just give up. They've lost.

They've spent one trillion dollars+ since 2001 in Afghanistan. At this point their pride is on the line. That's why you won't see them withdrawing anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts