Africa's biggest emerging business cartel is not oil, gas or any natural resources but this

Status
Not open for further replies.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Beer companies....yes Beer companies will soon have more income than half of all the African countries ...it's the next biggest thing business venture to be had in Africa ..therefore I wonder if this is also gonna drown us ? I mean we got a 90 mill consumers right next door to us in the form of Ethiopia. We also got a 50 mill in Kenya and a 500k in Djibouti...

Speaking of beer, today the biggest Beer merger ever happened ..

Beer giants AB InBev and SABMiller agree takeover terms
_85947097_gettyimages-488503890.jpg
Image copyrightGetty Images
The world's two biggest beer producers are set to merge after SABMiller accepted an increased takeover offer from rival Anheuser-Busch InBev.

SABMiller said it had agreed "in principle" a £44-a-share offer, after four previous attempts from AB InBev.

AB InBev's brands include Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona, while SABMiller produces Peroni and Grolsch.

If the deal, worth about £70bn, goes ahead, the newly-created firm will make about 30% of the world's beer.

SABMiller has a workforce of close to 70,000 people in more than 80 countries, and global annual sales of more than $26bn. AB InBev has a workforce of 155,000 and global revenues of more than $47bn.

ADVERTISEMENT

_85582655_85582654.jpg
Image copyrightPA
Global market share of five biggest beer companies
Anheuser-Busch InBev - 20.8%

SABMiller - 9.7%

Heineken - 9.1%

Carlsberg - 6.1%

China Resources Enterprise - 6%

Source: Euromonitor, based on 2014 figures

AB InBev had made four previous bid approaches for SABMiller - at £38, £40, £42.15, and £43.50 per share - but they had been rejected by SABMiller, which argued they undervalued the company.

In a statement, the boards of the two firms said they had now "reached agreement in principle on the key terms of a possible recommended offer".

The two companies have not yet formally finalised the terms of an offer, but the latest development means they have extended the City deadline for a firm offer until 28 October.

Analysis: Matthew Davies, business reporter, Johannesburg

SABMiller's African brands are actually one of the main reasons AB InBev is so thirsty for this merger. Carlos Brito, the chief executive of AB InBev, has said that Africa is a "key piece" of the deal.

SABMiller, of course, has its roots in Africa - South African Breweries was founded around the time of gold rush in Johannesburg in the late 19th Century. As it stands, and if this deal goes through, it would mean that the merged entity would control 31% of global beer sales.

AB InBev's brands are largely concentrated in the Americas and Europe; SABMIller has about 40 brands in Africa. It was the growth of SABMiller's African brands that really attracted AB InBev.

S

Shamis

I went to an Eritrean/Ethiopian restaurant and sampled their cultural favourite honey wine and it was like being injected with ethanol or roofies after just one sip. Then they told me to try a beer instead and I had this Kenyan beer called Tusker which they told me stood for 'Tanzania, Uganda,Somalia,Ethiopia,Rwanda and it tasted like a diabetic's piss and just sampling them made the usually delicious food really unpalatable because I got an upset tummy and a headache. African booze is still in the watered down moonshine stages.

U

uncleruckus

I went to an Eritrean/Ethiopian restaurant and sampled their cultural favourite honey wine and it was like being injected with ethanol or roofies after just one sip. Then they told me to try a beer instead and I had this Kenyan beer called Tusker which they told me stood for 'Tanzania, Uganda,Somalia,Ethiopia,Rwanda and it tasted like a diabetic's piss and just sampling them made the usually delicious food really unpalatable because I got an upset tummy and a headache. African booze is still in the watered down moonshine stages.

And here i thought scandinavian beer was the shittest i guess not.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Alcohol is an intoxicant that has no place in Somalia. If it's there it's underground, sipped by resident alcoholics.

S

Shamis

Alcohol is an intoxicant that has no place in Somalia. If it's there it's underground, sipped by resident alcoholics.

Sadly true. Somalis don't generally have a stop button with booze, qaat and fags - If a Somali drinks, they drink like the British in a frenzied all or nothing manner and become addicted. I would limit it's available to very expensive resorts for public health reasons.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Sadly true. Somalis don't generally have a stop button with booze, qaat and fags - If a Somali drinks, they drink like the British in a frenzied all or nothing manner and become addicted. I would limit it's available to very expensive resorts for public health reasons.

People who don't have drinking in their culture and/or faith should stay away indefinitely. Look at the natives. I rest my case.

menace

VIP
People who don't have drinking in their culture and/or faith should stay away indefinitely. Look at the natives. I rest my case.

You've nicely rested your case ...the Natives are looked down upon as they are a rodent bc of the disrespect the khamri consumption has made them

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
This will be beneficial for both both beer companies and Kenya as Kenya is Africa's largest beer consumer.

menace

VIP
Not sure I agree re native people aka Holocaust survivors.

You've never been to Canada have you ?...they are at downtown looking dirty and disgusting ...and thru pass beyond the age of 45....either suicide or alcohol related liver disease

S

Shamis

Masaakiin waaye who are foreigners in their own country. You can't expect them to succeed when the ruling elite made sure they installed a permanent glass ceiling on them to make sure they'd never rule their own country. Imagine what fate skinnies would have been dealt had the weather, location or been more appealing to Western Europeans. Sikes! Its actually Islam and Jihad which saved our skins but we need to not look down on people who were wiped out by settler colonists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.