Afars have higher amount of haplogroup J than Somalis and Tigrayans ???

How is that Afars(33%) have the highest amount of haplogroup J in the horn after the Amharas(35%)? Shouldn't it be Tigrayans>Amharas>Afar? And why do somalis basically have none?

1610329096053.png

NRY.PNG

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Maybe because of their geographical location ? The Afar region is the closet region to Yemen. So from purely a geographical perspective it kinda makes sense.

Edit: Obviously it’s very well Habeshas (Amhara,Tigrinya and Tigre) have direct ancient South Arabian blood.
AB59C260-4068-44E6-BB0C-494E425D7B50.png

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
They don't even look Arab at all which makes this very interesting but ceased said they are closest to yemen

Maybe because of their geographical location ? The Afar region is the closet region to Yemen. So from purely a geographical perspective it kinda makes sense.

Edit: Obviously it’s very well Habeshas (Amhara,Tigrinya and Tigre) have direct ancient South Arabian blood. View attachment 165085
Interesting, I've always believed that the afars migrated recently northward from central Ethiopia to the red sea coast and thus wouldn't have had genetic influence from the Arabs. What surprises me however is that they don't look quintessentially "mixed" as the habeshis but instead they still possess that very "Cushitic" look, tall, slender with a narrow and straight nose, and usually quite dark, much like the Somalis.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Interesting, I've always believed that the afars migrated recently northward from central Ethiopia to the red sea coast and thus wouldn't have had genetic influence from the Arabs. What surprises me however is that they don't look quintessentially "mixed" as the habeshis but instead they still possess that very "Cushitic" look, tall, slender with a narrow and straight nose, and usually quite dark, much like the Somalis.
Afar are tall? Some website said they are the shortest cushites

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
In Djibouti at least, Afars are known to be smaller. But they do look just like Somalis. It’s hard to tell people apart there.

Trending