Admixture results (?) of the Kadruka individual

compare this study with the SPN paper.

Does this mean that Mota-like people were demographically dominant in ancient Sudan?

Does this mean that Mota-like people were demographically dominant in ancient Sudan?
I'm not exactly sure what to make of this as its simply a 2 way mix but when you use a group like PPNB it inflates Mota-like ancestry relative to what you would get if you used Natufian, if he used Natufian it would have been able to account for some of that Mota-like ancestry. But even then its suprising that they prefer Mota to Dinka which is pretty interesting tbh.
On the PCA he created the sample has a southern shift on the PC2 axis, which could indicate an excess Mota affinity relative to modern Horners.

He should run a model using Natufian and Dinka aswell as PPNB and KEN_LSA, I'm certain the Mota-like ancestry will plummet but if they really do score a lot of Mota-like whilst Dinka and Natufian is employed then yeah, Mota-like ancestry was more widespread in Sudan than previously assumed.
I've argued in other threads that Natufians have Mota-like ancestry that came from Paleolithic and/or Mesolithic Egypt, Paleolithic remains in Egypt often reveal very SSA shifted phenotypes with broad affinties to modern and MSA SSAs, so I think these remains will turn up very KEN_LSA/Mota. Natufian-like people may have admixed with Dinka-like groups aswell as these Mota/KEN_LSA types.

@tariq moses Do Paleolithic Egyptians mean Halfan?
I thought they were basically admixed IBM Taforalt-like people?

🧐, do Khormusan count as part of the spectrum with mechtoid affinities?
Natufian-like people may have admixed with Dinka-like groups
I thought it was determined the only SSA-like ancestries they carried were some quite minor Mota-like and (obviously more than Mota-like) ANA inherited from Taforalt-like people?

Also, I assume LSA means a population with only Mota-like ancestry and no Nilotic?
But how’s that possible when the sample is retrieved near the White Nile? I mean, how would the Kadruka individual score that much Mota but no proto-Dinka? Or do ancient proto-Dinka carry Mota-like ancestries too?

Also, how about this study above?
Or is mitogenome sequencing not suitable for the overall affinity of a population?

Last edited:
Mota is mixed...he's literally a cross between whatever peaks in the South Sudanese,ANA, South African HG and West Eurasian.Natufians probably have minor South Sudanese-like ancestry with heightened ratio of ANA.

I doubt any population in Sudan carried South African HG ancestry

Mota is mixed...he's literally a cross between whatever peaks in the South Sudanese,ANA, South African HG and West Eurasian.Natufians probably have minor South Sudanese-like ancestry with heightened ratio of ANA.

I doubt any population in Sudan carried South African HG ancestry
Wasn't it determined that a signal for West Eurasian admixture is negative in the Mota Man?
Should we take this revoiye character's model seriously? I reckon the official study about this Kadruka Kerman hasn't been published, right?

Trending