Accountancy and auditing

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Well I've been looking at apprenticeship degrees in London and the one's that really stood out were more in the financial sector. They were mainly large firms dealing with shit like corporate or personal taxes of high income individuals/companies. If I applied for the international course I'd go travelling around the world and get paid a good amount, all in all it's a great gig that leads to direct employment.

One problem though, apparently accountancy/auditing are jobs that face the highest risk of automation meaning by the time I'm done I might be out of luck and lose the job then face years of trying to find a firm that hires actual people. Though all of this is still just a speculation.

Should I go for it or just leave it be?

Don't worry about automation. All jobs which don't require higher degrees (MD/PhD) will get automated.

Go for it now (assuming you can't go the university route) than be broke.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Well I've been looking at apprenticeship degrees in London and the one's that really stood out were more in the financial sector. They were mainly large firms dealing with shit like corporate or personal taxes of high income individuals/companies. If I applied for the international course I'd go travelling around the world and get paid a good amount, all in all it's a great gig that leads to direct employment.

One problem though, apparently accountancy/auditing are jobs that face the highest risk of automation meaning by the time I'm done I might be out of luck and lose the job then face years of trying to find a firm that hires actual people. Though all of this is still just a speculation.

Should I go for it or just leave it be?
Auditing is investigative they need to understand who what when. Accounting is the action no? So I don't think high level auditors will get automated prob accountants tho

Exodus

Alienist
Automation will affect us all eventually, even in med school they’re teaching us how to use new machines in surgery and radiologists and pharmacists have been hit hard already. I predict that Doctors will be glorified technicians in 50-60 years, and this is supposedly the “safest” degree from automation.

Go for the apprenticeship and don’t think about the automation shitshow that nobody can predict. Try to be the best you can in your profession and make yourself irreplaceable to the company.

Also get try to go to a good university (I’m taking LSE, Kings college,) apprenticeships in finance will have you hit a wall in your career early on, and the connections you make at a Russel group Uni help MASSIVELY in finance.

Last edited:

Trending