About Shafici madhab

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
It says you can marry your daughter who born outside wedlock. The other Sunni madhabs rejects and forbids that, but only Shafici allows it.
There is a Hadith that says your offspring who born outside wedlock will not have your nasab, but the nasab of either the mother or the guy she is married to, if she was married.

It is understandable 100 or 200 years to have this rule, like imagine if someone came to your family and claimed one of your children is his in 1700 century, you can’t prove or deny that, so your children will be yours and have your nasab.

but this causes huge problems while having dna era. A man who do zina with a married woman, his children will not be his even with dna test saying so, this happens when ppl stay one old codes that made sense at that time, but now we have a way to prove the nasab. But what shocked me is the Shafici take on this “marry you zina daughter” thing.

You’re correct, in the Shafi’i madhab it is Makruh (disliked) but not haram unlike the other schools. The Shafi’is reasoned that a man is allowed to marry his illegitimate daughter born out of Zina because legally that’s not his daughter according to the vast majority of scholars and since an illegitimate child legally doesn’t have a father, it’s permissible (though disliked) for an illegitimate daughter to marry their father.

The Shafi’i opinion in this case is controversial and many scholars reject this. Now that we are more advanced then our predecessors and we know the harms this can cause, I think it is safe for a Shafi’i layman to reject this ruling and the great Imam al-Shafi’i (May Allah bless his soul) was simply mistaken.

Som

VIP
You’re correct, in the Shafi’i madhab it is Makruh (disliked) but not haram unlike the other schools. The Shafi’is reasoned that a man is allowed to marry his illegitimate daughter born out of Zina because legally that’s not his daughter according to the vast majority of scholars and since an illegitimate child legally doesn’t have a father, it’s permissible (though disliked) for an illegitimate daughter to marry their father.

The Shafi’i opinion in this case is controversial and many scholars reject this. Now that we are more advanced then our predecessors and we know the harms this can cause, I think it is safe for a Shafi’i layman to reject this ruling and the great Imam al-Shafi’i (May Allah bless his soul) was simply mistaken.
That's a big mistake though. How can I trust a dude who said who promoted incest? The harms of incest were well known even in medieval times

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
This is why we should not blindly follow a madhab, what the f*ck is this bullshit, we should take the good and leave the idiotic shit, whoever scholar said this is an idiot

This is why we should not blindly follow a madhab, what the f*ck is this bullshit, we should take the good and leave the idiotic shit, whoever scholar said this is an idiot
Don’t disrespect the great Imam al-Shafi’i and the scholars of his madhab (May Allah have mercy on their souls). You’re free to disagree and refute this ruling like many scholars have but to disrespect them is going too far. These scholars are giants and have a high status in Islamic studies/history.

That's a big mistake though. How can I trust a dude who said who promoted incest? The harms of incest were well known even in medieval times
According to the Shafi’is, it is not considered incest since an illegitimate child doesn’t legally have a father. So whatever children he has from Zina, they carry the lineage of their mother and the father has no obligation or role to play in their lives.

Maybe we should use our damn brains 🧠 instead of letting some guy from a thousand years ago do the thinking for us😞
No, we should stick to our rich scholarly tradition that has solutions to all our problems in society. Using our “brains” has given rise to Liberal/progressive Muslims who have no respect for our rich tradition and only bring many deviant and heretical ideas.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Out of all the madhabs Somalia chose the worst one lol, lot of Shafici are sufi btw. Hanafi, Hanbali, Maliki, Salafi are good though.
This madhab is decent and that Shafici is considered a good, but every madhab has its weird take on some topics in islam. The problem here is that used the ruling ( illegitimate child doesn’t legally have a father) logic too extreme.

For instance, Shafici considers dogs to be impure, and touching them whether they wet or dry force you to wash and make wudu'

While others say like hanbali and hanafi says touching them while dry is ok.

While maliki says, they are all pure.

So that is how they are differ, and shafici is mostly pashed for this take on marrying your illegitimate child.