AAs/Blacks Are Going In on Somalis Rn After Maya Jama's Old Tweets Insulting Black Women Resurface

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC star Maya Jama under fire as offensive tweets about ‘dark skin es’ resurface

sec_8254652.jpg
o

In the now deleted posts on Twitter, the BBC presenter made controversial comments on the social media platform. In April 2012, Jama tweeted: ‘”Dark skin es shaving their head expecting to look like Amber Rose, when really they end up looking like Micheal Jordan.” Looooooooool’

maya-jama-e1524211290696.png

Twitter users also felt the radio presenter also seemingly mocked the looks of a woman who is dark skinned. She tweeted with a star, fire and poo emoji: ‘Couldn’t decide on 1 so put em all together.’ We have chosen to blur the image that was shown:

sei_8252560.jpg

The Bristol native of Somali-Swedish descent has not yet responded to the backlash but is currently trending on Twitter.

Making reference to her relationship with Stormzy one user said: ‘I expected a lot more from Maya Jama, considering she’s dating a dark skinned black man that has dark skinned sisters. ’ One fan tweeted: ‘Maya Jama bout to say “I was 16 years old I don’t even remember that” and make everyone quote that tweet saying it’s not a real apology’
‘Why are you making excuses for Maya Jama before she’s even made them for herself? Please take off your cape,’ a second user added to the debate.

A social media user complained: ‘“Dark skinned” girls are a “trend” now init. So now you realise “we’re all beautiful”. But before, when it was cool to cuss us you were doing kikiki with your mates. Plis. I’ve now cancelled Maya Jama too.’ ‘Maya Jama I was rooting for you,’ said one user while another said, ‘‘Loooool because it’s maya jama people will not see anything wrong with it. Let it be someone else now, you’ll see threads upon threads with the word “conditioned” flying all over the place.’

‘Maya Jama I was rooting for you,’ said one user while another said, ‘‘Loooool because it’s maya jama people will not see anything wrong with it. Let it be someone else now, you’ll see threads upon threads with the word “conditioned” flying all over the place.’ Maya currently hosts a show on Radio 1 every Saturday, as well as joining Scott Mills and Chris Stark on Fridays. Metro.co.uk have contacted reps for Maya Jama. BBC declined to comment when approached by us.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/20/bbc-s...s-dark-skin-bs-resurface-7483004/?ito=cbshare

Social media is going in on Somalis right now.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
I am in a tough situation. I am a dark skin Somali. Us dark skins have to stick together. But maya Jama is Somali. And us Somalis have to stick together. But she is light skin too.

This a tough decision.

f*ck her. Dark skin jokes are mad annoying. I hope she gets roasted alive

SumMo

very lowkey
When did half somalis become somali? I thought this mentality only applied to madows..
:browtf:

I mean she didn’t even grow up with her somali dad, and was raised by her white mother and her jamaican step-dad. She is no different from your everday gaalo.
B23FA6FC-FBB5-4AD8-B1CB-32A33603C167.gif

Why are you making this a somali issue? This issue is between her and dark skinned black girls. Got nothing to do with me. She gotta go fend for herself..
:camby:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
When did half somalis become somali? I thought this mentality only applied to madows.
:browtf:

I mean she didn’t even grow up with her somali dad, and was raised by her white mother and her jamaican step-dad. She is no different from your everday gaalo. Somali where?
View attachment 41525

So why are you making this a somali issue? This issue is between her and dark skinned black girls. Got nothing to do with me. She gotta fend for herself..
:camby:
Some of them usually mature. I know some white dudes who were pretty racist back in middle school and high school but are now engaged and even have kids with dark skin African Americans. Very surprising.im at least happy now that they aren't racist anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts