A Somali Film got selected to the Cannes Film Festival

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
The film is made by somalis they only speaking somali and its only somali actors

Give it a watch its pretty impressive

Guled and Nasra are a loving couple, living in the outskirts of Djibouti city with their teenage son, Mahad. However, they are facing difficult times: Nasra urgently needs an expensive surgery to treat a chronic kidney disease. Guled is already working hard as a gravedigger to make ends meet: how can they find the money to save Nasra and keep the family together?

I've Been Telling People That Somalis Would Do Great Dramas Look How Dramatic Our People Are Hopefully The Movie Succeeds

giphy.gif

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The aesthetic ambience is disgusting, but it has a heart in it. The afar hairdo, is not appealing to my superficial western taste, but i can imagine, and put myself in the environment, for just an afternoon.

1624312713101.png

Directed & made by reer Finland ( writer, director and the male lead are reer finland) :salute:saw an article in finnish paper couple weeks ago where they interviewed the guy who wrote and is directing the film.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
The film is made by somalis they only speaking somali and its only somali actors

Give it a watch its pretty impressive

Guled and Nasra are a loving couple, living in the outskirts of Djibouti city with their teenage son, Mahad. However, they are facing difficult times: Nasra urgently needs an expensive surgery to treat a chronic kidney disease. Guled is already working hard as a gravedigger to make ends meet: how can they find the money to save Nasra and keep the family together?
Looks nice when is it out?

Based

VIP
That chanting at 0:51 isn't somali... we have an abundance of Somali songs to choose and they pick some xabashi sounding desert dweller war chant from black hawk down