A Somali airlines "Halla airlines" made it to Israel

it is alright to speak arabic, is not incriminating, is it? like why it is ok to use english but arabic is bogyman ?
Nothing wrong speaking Arabic. But let's be honest, we are a somali speaking nation, it should be somali and English.
I feel embarrassed when our government issues a letter and on top left to right we have 3 languages :mindblown:
English, somali and Arabic.

Be like other countries and put your language first then English since its a international language.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Nothing wrong speaking Arabic. But let's be honest, we are a somali speaking nation, it should be somali and English.
I feel embarrassed when our government issues a letter and on top left to right we have 3 languages :mindblown:
English, somali and Arabic.

Be like other countries and put your language first then English since its a international language.
Embarrassed? Come on their are countries with languages on their papers . You just being silly

Embarrassed? Come on their are countries with languages on their papers . You just being silly
Yes 2 languages, their native language and English.
Unlike them, we have Latin somali, Latin English and Arabic writing on every government institutions :mindblown:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Yes 2 languages, their native language and English.
Unlike them, we have Latin somali, Latin English and Arabic writing on every government institutions :mindblown:
Singapore have 4 languages not just one their official Gov institutions but on road signs as well, just relax not big deal nor embarrassing
1653931910434.png

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
But let's be honest, we are a somali speaking nation, it should be somali and English.

You are denying Somali history. As recent as the early kacaan years, Arabic has been the language of educated Somalis. A century ago, a Somali would write to another in Arabic and if they wrote in Somali, it would be in the Arabic script.

Furthermore, most of our business is with the Arab league, our politics is tied to the Arab world and at least a quarter of Somalis around the world speak Arabic.

In any other nation, a language spoken by a quarter of the populace would be an official language or at least a recognised one.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
The traitor Qoslaaye has now authorized flights with the Jews, just toss him a few sheckels and he’ll shuck and jive to that Barmitzvah beat.

B5CEFAAD-B57C-45C6-8343-F41F0D9AEEED.jpeg

World

VIP
You are denying Somali history. As recent as the early kacaan years, Arabic has been the language of educated Somalis. A century ago, a Somali would write to another in Arabic and if they wrote in Somali, it would be in the Arabic script.

Furthermore, most of our business is with the Arab league, our politics is tied to the Arab world and at least a quarter of Somalis around the world speak Arabic.

In any other nation, a language spoken by a quarter of the populace would be an official language or at least a recognised one.
Arabic is not spoken by 25 % of somalia’s population. I’d be surprised if it was 1 %.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Arabic is not spoken by 25 % of somalia’s population. I’d be surprised if it was 1 %.
Its confirmed by VOA, first time im history a Somali chartered plane landed in Tel Aviv!

Gurguurte has disgraced our ancestors:jcoleno:

Singapore have 4 languages not just one their official Gov institutions but on road signs as well, just relax not big deal nor embarrassing View attachment 224908

OK yall got me :mjcry:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Many estimates state that around 20% speak Arabic as a second language back home. Most schools back home require Somalis to be fluent in Arabic for their high school matriculation exams. While most are not conversationally fluent, they need to be able to analyse Arabic poetry by form 1.

When you add the Somalis that have lived or live in the Middle East and the Somalis that learn Arabic for religion/family/business, it adds up to around a quarter.

You have to also remember that there used to Arabic-language schools before the war that would solely teach in Arabic. These were called Gamal Abdel Nasser schools as they were funded by Egypt. Each major city in Somalia had one.

World

VIP
Many estimates state that around 20% speak Arabic as a second language back home. Most schools back home require Somalis to be fluent in Arabic for their high school matriculation exams. While most are not conversationally fluent, they need to be able to analyse Arabic poetry by form 1.

When you add the Somalis that have lived or live in the Middle East and the Somalis that learn Arabic for religion/family/business, it adds up to around a quarter.

You have to also remember that there used to Arabic-language schools before the war that would solely teach in Arabic. These were called Gamal Abdel Nasser schools as they were funded by Egypt. Each major city in Somalia had one.
I did not meet a single person that spoke Arabic in Laascaanood and Garowe. You are delusional for thinking there are 3+ million Arabic speakers back home.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I did not meet a single person that spoke Arabic in Laascaanood and Garowe. You are delusional for thinking there are 3+ million Arabic speakers back home.

I didn't say back home in my original statement.

I said a quarter of Somalis around the world, meaning I am talking about diaspora as well.

World

VIP
I didn't say back home in my original statement.

I said a quarter of Somalis around the world, meaning I am talking about diaspora as well.
There’s only 1.5 million Somalis outside of somaliweyn. They make up 5-6 % of Somalis around the world, so even if every single diaspora Somali spoke Arabic, for what you saying to be true then 20 % of somaliweyn’s(5.5 million) population must be arabic speakers.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
There’s only 1.5 million Somalis outside of somaliweyn. They make up 5-6 % of Somalis around the world, so even if every single diaspora Somali spoke Arabic, for what you saying to be true then 20 % of somaliweyn’s(5.5 million) population must be arabic speakers.

I don't know what to tell you, the stats quoted put the number of Arabic speakers back home at 20%. As someone that not only lived but attended school back home, that is very plausible.

There’s half a million of somalis in Yemen speak Arabic, a lot of them moved back home, as well as the ones deported from saudi, majority of educated upper class somalis speak Arabic, a lot of diaspora kids in the west have parents that speak Arabic, Djiboutians are lot more arabised, as everything official is just french or Arabic

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Why would they use an Iraqi code if it is just a Kenyan airline doing regular business. Kenya has relations with Israel and its businesses have no need to hide what they are doing?

Also why would they leave from Luxor in Egypt of all places.

The most likely scenario is that the UAE have forced HSM to talk to Israel and they're attempting to hide these talks by having them fly to Egypt, an Israeli ally, first.

I just hope that this remains just talks and not any agreement.

Trending