What does Islam say Allah was doing before he created the universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Islam say Allah was doing before he created the universe? I also recently saw a Somali pose this same question on Facebook. I haven't looked through the texts yet so I don't know. Anyone here read anything to answer this?

Shamis this is a spiral of never ceding doubts which you yourself admitted after returning from that spiral.

Allah is the beginning and the ending maybe you should learn more of his attributes than breaking your head about question like these.

What do you want to get as an answer?

D2HUM8L31NE

I don't care
I guess that was the creation of the universe as we know it because even though Allah has creatures before us that lived on the earth we are the only ones including the jinns that have free wil, intelligence "from Allah we have gone and to him we shall return" Allah was the only one in the begin and he shall be the only one when the horn is blown

I know such certain thought patterns of people who use their 'intellect' to find answers to question like you posted.

Only problem is that their thought pattern has a folly.

Their fallacy is that they compare Allah their creator to a human being.

For example 'What was Bill doing before he founded Microsoft?'

They think Allah in the same terms as his creation. Does Allah sleep? Does Allah need rest? Does Allah need reminder?

No is the question because there is nothing except him. He doesn't his creation and if they all reject or decide to worship him would change nothing or take away from his majesty.

Everything worships and is obedient to Allah except the Jinn and Mankind who have an agreement until the last day. The devil wants to mislead us humans and he is our upmost enemy. Allah gave him time until the day of judgement to do his mischief.

Your friend a gaal is one of those the devil promised he will mislead.

Shamis this is a spiral of never ceding doubts which you yourself admitted after returning from that spiral.

Allah is the beginning and the ending maybe you should learn more of his attributes than breaking your head about question like these.

What do you want to get as an answer?

I don't want an opinion but something from the Quran and Sunnah.

Don't you talk openly with your friends about love, sex, philosophy and religion? I don't just gossip with my friends, we've known each other for years and really like to challenge each other.
Its just that when people say friend its usually code for "myself" :icon e wink:

not saying it is in your case :whoa:

This is not really a question for this place since it will lead people to guesswork and assumptions about Allah swt. You should ask a shaykh

@Shamis

Allah is the beginning and the end, read the translation of Surah Ikhlas in depth, although it may be short Allah has revealed that Surah to the people of Quraish because they were asking dangerous questions and making assumptions about Allah.

Surah Anbiya verse 30:

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

Baqarah ayah 29:

It is He who created for you all of that which is on the earth. Then He directed Himself to the heaven, [His being above all creation], and made them seven heavens, and He is Knowing of all things.

Surah Baqarah ayaat 34-39

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

And We said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."

But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."

Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

We said, "Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.

And those who disbelieve and deny Our signs - those will be companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally."

Surah Ar Ra'd ayah 2:

It is Allah who erected the heavens without pillars that you [can] see; then He established Himself above the Throne and made subject the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term. He arranges [each] matter; He details the signs that you may, of the meeting with your Lord, be certain.

Shamis Allah does not need us! We need him!

Ibraahim verse 19

Have you not seen that Allah created the heavens and the earth in truth? If He wills, He can do away with you and produce a new creation.

Allah is the creator of everything before yoyr eyes

Fussilat ayaat 11-12

Then He directed Himself to the heaven while it was smoke and said to it and to the earth, "Come [into being], willingly or by compulsion." They said, "We have come willingly."

And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

Ahqaaf ayah 3:

We did not create the heavens and earth and what is between them except in truth and [for] a specified term. But those who disbelieve, from that of which they are warned, are turning away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending