A post a saw on reddit

AbwaanCali

Hot like shaax, cool like jalaato
None of this is from me I found this on r/muslimlounge

, backbiting, slander, anger: is this who we really are?

Assalam U Alaikum

I made a post a while back asking for the experiences of people who never watched . Combined with my personal understanding of human psyche, I hope this post will help many of you recognize and prevent many spiritually dangerous behaviors online.
When on the internet, we tend to be "different". More outgoing, more reserved, angrier, calmer, more modest, more perverted, etc. than we are in real life. Take a moment to reflect on yourself.
Have you found yourself getting into pointless arguments online? Have you found yourself sharing details you would not give up even if threatened in real life? Have you found yourself mocking people, and making fun of them? Have you found yourself pursuing gossip and pop culture you could not care less about in life? Have you found yourself unable to stop watching ? You keep putting up blockers. You keep trying new methods. But every time, you fail. Nothing seems to work. You don't even know who you are anymore.
Have you felt that way? That your online self is different from "you". The real life "you"?
You are not alone. This is a common phenomenon. Knowledge is power, and today, I wish to share with you, how you can be better.
It doesn't matter the sin. Vain talk, backbiting, slander, . Whatever it is, it's rooted in the same fundamental issue. A disinhibition of the self. A different you.
This is not a post to discuss the problems with these sins. You know these sins are bad. You know most of them are major sins, or cause significant problems in life. Yet, you engage in them. You find yourself promising to change, but you are unable to.
Why is that?
The answer is simple. You have been looking at the problem wrong. "You" are not a bad person. "You" are not someone who watches . "You" are not someone who backbites. "You" are not someone who mocks others. "You" refrain from these things.
But your online self doesn't. When you go online, you shift to a different constellation of you. A different you. Most people do not realize this happens. You might even become nicer than you are in real life. But it's not the genuine you.
Due to a couple of psychological processes that work in tandem, you change when you go online.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15257832/

So then, what is the solution? The solution is to not change. It's to think of the online world as the real world.
Use a visual aid if you must. Imagine a market. Your favorite market. A busy market. A free market, with all kinds of things at display. Religious material, educational material, , drugs, fantasies. Whatever you want. And with you, and around you, are people.
When you go online, you are going to this market. Picture it. Every time you go online, you go to this market, and you buy things.
Are you going to window shop by scrolling through facebook, reddit, instagram, etc? Will you stop by the sex store, and buy a DVD? Will you spend actual money on that? Will you stop by that store when you are with your parents? Your wife? Your husband? Your kids? Your friends?
Then don't do it here either.
Take it a step further. Imagine you need money to buy things in this market. But you have no money on you. You loan currency. This currency comes directly from Allah سبحانه و تعالى‎. Every time you buy something, you have to ask Allah سبحانه و تعالى‎ for money. When you buy anime. When you buy movies. When you buy books. When you buy . You ask Allah سبحانه و تعالى‎ for money.
Does He give it to you? You decide.

May Allah سبحانه و تعالى‎. guide us all to excellence of character.

AbwaanCali

Hot like shaax, cool like jalaato
I thought this was a beneficial message and decided to share. Here's the link
https://www.reddit.com/r/MuslimLounge/comments/169geld/_backbiting_slander_anger_is_this_who_we/

Trending

Latest posts