A Model Claims UK Will Reach Herd Immunity 12 April

Real-time modeling conducted by University College London claims the UK will reach natural herd immunity on Monday.

I am somewhat skeptical of the definite robustness of this type of claim, the reason being there are several variables known to us that can affect herd immunity status that can present a variable of unknown effects to the outcome and change conditions where things will need to be re-thought. Maybe the element of real-time weekly updates can give some room if flexibility if things change.

Only two word for this:

giphy.gif

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It seems like a dubious claim from a study with questionable validity and just in time for April 12th when the UK lessens it's restrictions. How convenient.

Funny how i called vaccine passports last year , soon you will be forced to get a vaccine or shunned from society.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Funny how i called vaccine passports last year , soon you will be forced to get a vaccine or shunned from society.

Vaccine passports though in the works are coming up against resistance. As for compulsory vaccination vs the prospect of social death. That dilemma has not happened yet. They are still trying to prime individuals into the prospect of a 'temporary passport'. Just take a deep breath! Your bodily autonomy is not threatened and there has not been a reversal of the Nuremberg Code. Your voluntary informed consent is still required, and it must be free of coercion when administering the vaccine.

Vaccine passports though in the works are coming up against resistance. As for compulsory vaccination vs the prospect of social death. That dilemma has not happened yet. They are still trying to prime individuals into the prospect of a 'temporary passport'. Just take a deep breath! Your bodily autonomy is not threatened and there has not been a reversal of the Nuremberg Code. Your voluntary informed consent is still required, and it must be free of coercion when administering the vaccine.

Give it a few months , and everything i said will come about :)

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Give it a few months , and everything i said will come about :)

The only way I would see that happening in the near future is through your complicity. It could happen through the vaccinated ones being used to morally police the unvaccinated, causing some to buckle under intense societal pressure. At this stage, many individuals, including those who are vaccinated, favour an individual's right to choose. We need a shock doctrine beyond what we are seeing in the media now. It is not extreme enough. What the news media would need is messaging about more virulent and deadlier strains impacting younger and healthier populations. Then extreme communitarianism (the group being of greater importance than the individual even at the expense of the individual's health and well-being) could take precedence over individual rights to bodily autonomy.

The only way I would see that happening in the near future is through your complicity. It could happen through the vaccinated ones being used to morally police the unvaccinated, causing some to buckle under intense societal pressure. At this stage, many individuals, including those who are vaccinated, favour an individual's right to choose. We need a shock doctrine beyond what we are seeing in the media now. It is not extreme enough. What the news media would need is messaging about more virulent and deadlier strains impacting younger and healthier populations. Then extreme communitarianism (the group being of greater importance than the individual even at the expense of the individual's health and well-being) could take precedence over individual rights to bodily autonomy.

ngl dn read

They can only beat the "more virulent and deadly strains" drum for so long. People don't care anymore wallahi. I personally drank the fear kool-aid, to the point that I stocked up on n95 masks and filters for half-face respirators like some SPED. If a hypochondriac like me doesn't care anymore, the avg person wouldn't give two shits. If the situation was as dire as they were making it seem at first, covid would've cut a swath through Pajeets in India.

I don't see the vaccine Gestapo pushing for mandatory vaccination anytime soon, the "at risk" demographic haven't even been given their second dose yet. Besides, you can find pretty convincing passports and IDs on darkweb marketplaces, getting your hands on a fake "vaccine passport" is going to be an absolute fucking cake by comparison. I doubt the local supermarket is going to have airport level security :heh:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
They can only beat the "more virulent and deadly strains" drum for so long. People don't care anymore wallahi. I personally drank the fear kool-aid, to the point that I stocked up on n95 masks and filters for half-face respirators like some SPED. If a hypochondriac like me doesn't care anymore, the avg person wouldn't give two shits. If the situation was as dire as they were making it seem at first, covid would've cut a swath through Pajeets in India.

I don't see the vaccine Gestapo pushing for mandatory vaccination anytime soon, the "at risk" demographic haven't even been given their second dose yet. Besides, you can find pretty convincing passports and IDs on darkweb marketplaces, getting your hands on a fake "vaccine passport" is going to be an absolute fucking cake by comparison. I doubt the local supermarket is going to have airport level security :heh:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.