A Magical gift called Amazon Prime Video in the jungle of Amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
OK once upon a time, i was simple. Sweet ignorant days of No YOUTUBE or AMAZON PRIME VIDEO! Very uninformed and docile in the knowledge department. I was just happy being a descendant of a camel herder. Proud of it actually. .All i liked was Victorian age stories and Novellas. Regent and Enlightenment era - Queen Marie Antoinette times down to Queen Victoria.. Not so much Victoria the person but the era. (she was unattractive and shortly stout boring) Something lovely and charming about these eras that made me jovial & congenial if i were to run away with words. Days spent in discovering the Regent times, Jane Austen times. Those were my simple delightful days i used to enjoy, once upon a time. How do you do, etiquette--Polite Head bow, and you know, the etiquette of polite stare of "How dare you speak to me without being introduced by a third person" stare! Those are the days, gone far behind me. I mourn myself to unremarkable agony.

Now i am binge-ing on Amazon prime video, where documentary about the Romans & their intrigues r dazzling me & my senses! Fantastic, wonderful British Professors leading me into Historical alleys where it is dark, glitzy, & luster illuminating! A time line of Tales dating roughly @ 44 BC, a date where Cesar was assassinated and the beginning of the Roman Empire rise, started by Emperor Augustus. So i learnt so much about the Romans. And then on my down time, i serenely delve into Islam Seerahs studies where there is this fascinating character, Arab guy who was kidnapped and grew up in Rome empire lands, possibly Rome itself, who spoke Latin, and broken Arab, and later becomes a famous Sahaba somehow finding his way home in the company of our great prophet pbuh.. Dazzling, sumptuous tidbits here & there that makes me tickle & giggle!
Basically Rome was an amazing time and place. Multi nationality roaming, gladiators fights,wild exotic animals in cages roaming the streets, i can imagine the market being ripe and alive with interesting personalities from east to west. Interestingly enough, the Roman citizens and foreigners were not stinking like the 18th century Fresh or English, or all Europe for that matter. The Romans built a magnificent Aqua net work of water and bath spots where ordinary people would clean themselves & socialize with noble important fellow Romans. This is a very special thing i liked about these Romans and their obsession or love of bathing and cleaning themselves. Distinctly unique and worthy of mention. While in a far far distance, land of the Arabs, are just goat herders, innocent, pure, blissfully unworldly- waiting 800 years before the coming of our beloved Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

Suddenly my boring, uneventful life is disturbed by an invader. Amazon prime video. I am contaminated by all this illuminating knowledge easily accessed by visiting a search engine, and voila, there sits a treasure trove at my eager consumption or convenience. A digital Alexis computer gene in a bottle. Suddenly i am entertaining foreign, pessimistic thoughts like disconnect/cancel my cables. Gasp! Such irrational thought! Thoughts that would have been impossible a few years ago! Such divine horizon of a new normal before me. Woe & Awe is me indeed!

If you would ask me--do u want to be in the cozy, quaint Parlor of 17th century English Aristocrats sipping tea or the wild streets of Rome, maybe jump a Gius Marcus balcony and peep into Roman Senate Political Intrigue--or a sexual orgy of Caligula or Nero's nasty crazy episodes or simply never leaving the Roman violent, alive streets of wearing summer leather slippers--the high alive life where people imagined they could die any day, or live for a day but live a very good day indeed! ! !!!

Which one will i pick???

Hhhmmmm......I really don't know ....

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Good God you're such a loser. Do you even go out Basra buran?

Reiko

Why should i go out when i can bath in clean water, dapple in coconut butter Gold lotion, & sip shade tea while watching the Romans devour each other? Outside is overrated. When i do venture outside, i am like a celebrity. All eyes on me!
5560.jpg

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra you sound like the main character from Anne with and ‘E’ on Netflix :childplease:

Nilo

I am not sure whether to be flattered or secretly be annoyed by your comparison of me with Anne with an E. I wiki pedia Anne with E and found out her characteristics.

"talkative girl," "displays boundless enthusiasm" "Slowly, her ebullient nature wins over those around her."

Suddenly, i was not secretly annoyed anymore. I thought, bingo--thats me in a nutshell!
childplease.png

Tell me why u like this series? Did u read the book?

Nilo

I am not sure whether to be flattered or secretly be annoyed by your comparison of me with Anne with an E. I wiki pedia Anne with E and found out her characteristics.

"talkative girl," "displays boundless enthusiasm" "Slowly, her ebullient nature wins over those around her."

Suddenly, i was not secretly annoyed anymore. I thought, bingo--thats me in a nutshell!
childplease.png

Tell me why u like this series? Did u read the book?

Fave thing to do lately is to watch historical fiction series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending