Al Jazeera: Killings in Axum by Eritrea troops ‘may amount to war crimes’

Massacring of innocent women and children isnt something to be pleased with, Furthermore I am on the same page as TPLF when it comes on this war cuz their victory is mine too since strong centralized is all I am trying to prevent at all costs. But being happy with the defeat of TPLF cuz theyve commited grave attrocities against somalis is retardedness at its worst and a result of inability to identify that the main threat we somalis dealing with isnt TPLF but the colonial ethiopianism that embodies subjugation and oppression of somalis not only in DDS but the outside somalis as well.
Exactly. f*ck TPLF but any Ethiopian government is evil. PP by simply controlling the Somali Region is now worse in my eyes than TPLF. No way TPLF could have ever come back to power.

Same shit. It is like Somali clans with divergent dialects.
Nah each one is its own ethnicity but also has clans like somalis. Tigray and Tigrinya are similar but the rest like Amhara Oromo and the others are entirely different. im half eritrean ik this

Apollo

VIP
Nah each one is its own ethnicity but also has clans like somalis. Tigray and Tigrinya are similar but the rest like Amhara Oromo and the others are entirely different. im half eritrean ik this

To outsiders you all seem culturally, religiously etc the same.

Arabs from different countries like Syria and Oman are the same ethnicity and they have more ethnic, cultural, and religious differences than Amharas and Tigrays.

To outsiders you all seem culturally, religiously etc the same.

Arabs from different countries like Syria and Oman are the same ethnicity and they have more ethnic, cultural, and religious differences than Amharas and Tigrays.
I agree with you about culture and even somewhat religion but some tribes are majority muslim rather than chrisitan. Though there are some basically Bantu tribes that are different.

But the language is the biggest difference, someone from Oman and Syria can easily communicate but someone who speaks Amharic vs Tigray wont be able to communicate.

The report at 0:50 literally said the people suffered "at the hands of Eritrean soldiers not Ethiopian soldiers" but you still come up with a title "Ethiopia is committing genocide".
:deadrose:

Anyway, the Ethiopian government promised to take these allegations seriously and investigate. We must investigate these allegations and make sure these things never happen again.

Having said that, I see a one little girl that was in hospital bed but other than that I see no other evidence in the video to call it massacre or genocide. It is war in Africa and one little girl got hurt and that is called genocide? Give me a break. The media need to come up with more substantial evidence. All I see currently is more of sensationalism not much tangible evidence.

For example Amnesty International provided the following video as evidence of Eritrean troops killing 700 people in Axum but for those who know the local language it was clear that the tigrean interpreter was telling those who interviewed what to say and even how many died. Wtf? This is evidence? International media and human rights activists have now access to most of Tigray and should come up with a strong evidence than this kind of sh!t. In fact the lack of such evidence so far gives me hope that this is more of sensationalism and the fear of the African man than actual atrocities.

Facts matter not sensationalism and fake news!

The report at 0:50 literally said the people suffered "at the hands of Eritrean soldiers not Ethiopian soldiers" but you still come up with a title "Ethiopia is committing genocide".

Anyway, the Ethiopian government promised to take these allegations seriously and investigate. We must investigate these allegations and make sure these things never happen again.

Having said that, I see a one little girl that was in hospital bed but other than that I see no other evidence in the video to call it massacre or genocide. It is war in Africa and one little girl got hurt and that is called genocide? Give me a break. The media need to come up with more substantial evidence. All I see currently is more of sensationalism not much tangible evidence.

For example Amnesty International provided the following video as evidence of Eritrean troops killing 700 people in Axum but for those who know the local language it was clear that the tigrean interpreter was telling those who interviewed what to say and even how many died. Wtf? This is evidence? International media and human rights activists have now access to most of Tigray and should come up with a strong evidence than this kind of sh!t. In fact the lack of such evidence so far gives me hope that this is more of sensationalism and the fear of the African man than actual atrocities.

Who invited the Eritreans it was abye govt so they take the blame even if there are no Ethiopian soilders in Tigray.

Its not only Eritrea doing the killjngs but Amhara thugs.The same thigs that kill sudanese farmers and Beni shangul and Gumuz civilians.

Trying rven to spin Aljazera on your interpretations is very funny.

You are as evil as the tplf as you worked for TPLF before and reason like them.

tThe Ethioian government allowed the Eritreans and Amhara to come in

tThe Ethioian government allowed the Eritreans and Amhara to come in
TPLF massacred the northern command while they were sleeping. Those who survived the cowardly attack have found a safe shelter in Eritrea. The northern command protected Tigray from Eritrea for 23 years. What kind of permission are you talking about when you yourself kill the guard? Anybody can enter. If Eritrean troops are indeed in Tigray then TPLF let them in by massacring the guard i.e. the northern command. Now TPLF activists all of a sudden want the same ENDF they massacred to die fighting against Eritrea to save them. ENDF is not in that mood, at least for now. ENDF sacrificed many lives to save them during the Badme war and were protecting them for over 23 years. Instead of being thankful they were boastful and bragging that they don't need ENDF to protect them from Eritrea and Tigray is like Israel of Africa blah blah. This delusion lead them to attack the northern command only to end up being completely destroyed in 17 days. If indeed Eritrean troops are in northern Tigray and if civilians are being targeted, yes Ethiopia must protect them but I am very sure the army is in no mood to die for those who massacred it against those who shelter it. That is for sure.

And Amhara region yesterday responded to the US demand by saying there are no Amhara troops in Tigray. All the lands that Amhara troops are now controlling were traditional Amhara territory. The statement said that Tigray had never a border with Sudan and it will never have again. The foreign ministry of Ethiopia also condemend the US for calling the withdrawal of Amhara troops. Amharas don't understand why they should withdraw from their historical lands just because TPLF forcefully incorporated it Tigray for brief 30 years (google "old Ethiopian regions" and see proper Tigray map). That is not gonna happen and if the Abiy government tries to do so there will be a huge backlash from all over including the army. That will be the end of the current Amhara-Oromo coalition government. I don't think PM Abiy is ready to upset his largest support base.

Last edited:

Trending