A friend of mine called me out of the blue and said my parents lie to me loooool abt age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Their ages

They told them that they are in their 50s when they close to 70s

:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

Somali parents are notorious for this

You got kids here who think their parents are in their 40s.

How do they believe them when they haven't seen a birth certificate.

They'd say "I was born during the great drought" while trying to insinuate that they born in 1974 but there has been "great droughts" in hell hole Somalia for every decade there was :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

I laugh at the ones that they say "I was born in the great floods ". I'm like "is this biblical ":chrisfreshhah:

Heyyall

Just keeping it real
My parents say they were born on New Year’s Eve or January 1960 when Somalia got their independence but I don’t think that’s true.

BANTU

+op MVLI
Actually, this every two years big drought is a recent development. From the way my hooyo tells it, that huge drought in the early 70s was the only one she remembers.

The only reason my parents know their birth year (not date) is because people from the city came and told my grandparents what year it was

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Actually, this every two years big drought is a recent development. From the way my hooyo tells it, that huge drought in the early 70s was the only one she remembers.

The only reason my parents know their birth year (not date) is because people from the city came and told my grandparents what year it was

Yeah sure buddy! My mom also remembers the big drought they call "Daba dheer " (the long tailed) but my mom also grabbed a year out of the blue when her dad was a certified nomad who counts years from the rainy season, a very skeptical way of counting down the years.

My dad fought in the 1978 war I believe it was, a few years after graduating university but his passport says 1965. He has difficult remembering what he is supposed to say lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending