A brother has introduced fasting to his 5 year old son

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
I think it's too young. I didn't say anything because he is doing it for the sake of Allah SWT which is what is most important. But I thought to ask everyone here how old will you introduce fasting to your child? I will make my son fast at age 8. At that age he is a little more mature. You cannot teach a 5 year old boy to fast due to their immaturity.

Keo

VIP
My parents never made me fast until I turned 15 but there's nothing wrong with starting with them earlier but yeah 5 does seem a bit too early.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
there was no strict age for us, our parents made us fast depending on if we could handle it at our age. Of course after the age of 11 fasting is compulsory no ifs or buts.

But between the ages 6-11 you’d fast half days or occasionally until you could do the whole month.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Fasting the whole day is unhealthy for a growing child , especially in the summer .

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Yes I agree with everyone that 5 is young. You can't punish a child that age for not fasting. But you can punish 8 or 9 or 10 years old.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Been mashigin. Straight facts
giphy.gif

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
5 is way to young its actually crazy that means his son is in kindergarten and he wakes him up for zuhur wtf

:gucciwhat:

The only age he should start fasting is when hes 14-15

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I think it's too young. I didn't say anything because he is doing it for the sake of Allah SWT which is what is most important. But I thought to ask everyone here how old will you introduce fasting to your child? I will make my son fast at age 8. At that age he is a little more mature. You cannot teach a 5 year old boy to fast due to their immaturity.
at 8 hes likely in 2nd grade he shouldn't even be fasting hes a kid

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
at 8 hes likely in 2nd grade he shouldn't even be fasting hes a kid
I think he means introduce him to fasting like making him fast half a day or a couple of days out of the month.

5 is too young. I remember as kid 7-8 I used to eat zuhur with family, but I was told break it when ever you want and lasted few hours. No way a 5 year old should fast all day