A Believer Loves

Excerpt (translated more or less) from one of Ibrahim Dewla’s speeches. My notes are in brackets.

Mu’adh bin Jabal (rad) is famous companion. He is among scholars, knowledgeable about permissible and impermissable. He is among the Ansar.

It was narrated that Mu’adh bin Jabal said: “The Messenger of Allah (saw) took my hand and said: ‘I love you, O Mu’adh!’ I said: ‘And I love you, O Messenger of Allah (saw).’ (Nasa’i 1303)

Love is a great thing; specifically love based on faith. Its due to faith there is love not because of wealth and things (possessions). That is self interest not love.

Sahl bin Saad (rad) reported Prophet (saw) said “The believer loves and is loved; and there is no good in whom that doesn’t love and is not loved.” (Musnad Ahmad, Albani’s Silsilat Al-Ahaadeeth As-Saheeha)

It is of the blessings of faith when demands of faith are fulfilled and they will practice on what is asked of them. Allah will then place love in their hearts.

“Surely, those who believe and do the righteous deeds, for them the Rahman (All-Merciful) will create love.” (19:96)

Those people that will bring faith, perform good actions, Allah will bring about love in their lives. The ones in the sky will love them, ones on earth will love them. Angels will love them and creation will love them. This is a big thing.

Trending

Latest posts