7 FGS ministries lose power after the FGS fails to pay the electricity bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrLGJgLXgAAqwj0.jpeg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Power is far too expensive in Xamar.

Would be an easy win if the government organised a last mile power transmission public private investment trust.

10 million would cover most of Mogadishu and open up hundreds of millions in opportunities within the first year and billions soon afterwards.

Would be an easy win if the government organised a last mile power transmission public private investment trust.

10 million would cover most of Mogadishu and open up hundreds of millions in opportunities within the first year and billions soon afterwards.

Do you believe 7 ministries had no elec?

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Do you believe 7 ministries had no elec?

Wouldn't be surprised since I've heard stories of service providers to the government chasing them for unpaid bills for years.

Would cut them off if they took the piss.

I'd lose more money trying to appease them instead of cutting my loses and moving on.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Are you aware the media went to visit those ministries and confirmed electricity was working

If that really happened then it must've been a pointless propaganda event.

All those buildings had their own private generators but the power supply from the power company was cheaper so they avoid using them unless they have to.

They had plenty of time to start up their rusty generators before the media arrived lol.

Last edited:
If that really happened then it must've been a pointless propaganda event.

All those buildings had their own private generators but the power supply from the power company was cheaper so they avoid using them unless they have to.

They had plenty of time to start up their rusty generators before the media arrived lol.

Right so irrespective of the facts you still believe 7 ministries had no electricity

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Right so irrespective of the facts you still believe 7 ministries had no electricity

What's with insistence to get me on record?

No I don't believe most of the news coming out of Somalia but as I said I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth

Power is too expensive in Somalia period

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Power is too expensive in Somalia period

It's expensive because of market conditions.

If there was more demand and supply the average rates would be around $0.10/kWh...

Most households in Xamar would be able to use an AC, fridge and basic household electronics at that price (5 kw/ day = 50 cents).

This would open up a ton of job opportunities if every household had access to cheap electricity.

We'd have domestic market of millions for basic electronics like microwaves, fridges, HVAC products and etc.

Enough of a reason to produce them in Somalia to get around high import tarrif fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending