600 troops to be nationalized by Farmaajo admin in Buhoodle, Northern Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
The 600 former tribal army that rules Buhoodle district will come under the payroll
of the Somali National Army (SNA). If the government of Somalia can pay its troops
on time it will set a good example and every community can bring their men to enlist
in the SNA.

DEG-DEG Madaxweyne Ku Xigeenka Puntland Oo Farmaajo La Hadlay Iyo Arimo Buuhoodle La Xidhiidha
Oo Laysku Af Gartay Mooganaanta Xukuumadda-Somaliland

http://karinnews.com/articles/13264...u-Af-Gartay-Mooganaanta-Xukuumadda-Somaliland

Bohol

VIP
It is the same battalion that chased away Galaydh from Buhoodle (after he tried to hand it over to Somaliland with the bogus
talks).

Bohol

VIP
I remain sceptical, do you have any other sources? :cosbyhmm:

But it could be a good step in uniting the parts of this country that wants unity :lawd:

Buhoodle is already firmly under pro Somalia groups control anyway. The ball is in Farmaajo's court now, to finance the town's
construction and enlisting the local army into the national army.

baasaboor.jpg

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
I will be honest with you, I want to see somalia move forward but if farmaajo doesn't even have control over muqdisho why is he playing around with somaliland? If this is real a war will eventually break out. He first tried to block a investment and now he's putting soldiers at our door step. A bloody war will break out.

Bohol

VIP
I will be honest with you, I want to see somalia move forward but if farmaajo doesn't even have control over muqdisho why is he playing around with somaliland? If this is real a war will eventually break out. He first tried to block a investment and now he's putting soldiers at our door step. A bloody war will break out.

Troops in Buhoodle are already heavily armed (lots of weapons left behind by the SNA in the past). Only difference is they will get more
paid now for patrolling the area and their nationalist duties will be recognized.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
This is a good move to show the people what Mogadishu thinks of Somaliland as an entity. The federal government, based on 4.5, sees Somaliland as representing the interests of the Northen Dir and not as a successor to the British Somaliland of 1960. Essentially Somaliland as an entity is seen by everyone in Mogadishu as a coalition of three clans; Isaaq, Gadabursi and Ciise, ranked in that order. Buhoodle district, Sool minus Caynaba district, and the eastern half of Sanaag are not considered part of Somaliland proper. This is why every time "negotiations" are held overseas, the federal government sends two representatives from Sool and Sanaag.

The insecurity in those areas is a direct outcome of Somaliland's attempts at recreating British Somaliland.

Bohol

VIP
Even if we say Somaliland represents only certain communities, it is unlikely the IC (International Community) will recognize
a one tribe country in this part of Africa.

This is a good move to show the people what Mogadishu thinks of Somaliland as an entity. The federal government, based on 4.5, sees Somaliland as representing the interests of the Northen Dir and not as a successor to the British Somaliland of 1960. Essentially Somaliland as an entity is seen by everyone in Mogadishu as a coalition of three clans; Isaaq, Gadabursi and Ciise, ranked in that order. Buhoodle district, Sool minus Caynaba district, and the eastern half of Sanaag are not considered part of Somaliland proper. This is why every time "negotiations" are held overseas, the federal government sends two representatives from Sool and Sanaag.

The insecurity in those areas is a direct outcome of Somaliland's attempts at recreating British Somaliland.

Interesting but the Somaliland army outnumbers any other pro-union force and with the likely support of Ehtiopia and even UAE, this is not a war Somalia can win militarily in any foreseeable future. Diplomacy and international law is our most effective tools for now.

My issue however is that with the Somaliland territory as it stands now Somalia stands to lose some of its most strategic areas such as access to the red sea and lucrative trade route. :bell:

Even if we say Somaliland represents only certain communities, it is unlikely the IC (International Community) will recognize
a one tribe country in this part of Africa.

True, this is why they are actively working on making it more inclusive and it seems to make progress from what I have seen. It is now longer just Isaaq but also other smaller tribes that wants Somaliland to be independent however this is mostly due to the fact that Somalia in comparison is poorly functioning. I think sentiments would quickly change if Somalia had good governance behind it.

Keo

VIP
Is this the beginning of the end of ictifaar? kkkkk
Even though I am not supporter of Farmaajo, if he destroys ictifaar then that's all good for m.

buhoodle has managed to control the city and rule it since the civil war in 91 till today they are really opposed to somaliland but are often friendly to puntland but not to the extent of letting other puntland cidaan in there city i remember when cabdullahi yusuf was creating the puntland army forces he wanted buhoodle to hand the weapons and be mixed with the other harti and leekase cidaan they refused to bring there weapons and got ready to defend it if they try to disarm them also in 2011 they were able to repel attacks from somaliand cidaan there a role model for reer sool if only they could move like reer buhoodle but i don't think the farmaajo government can afford to pay 600 soldiers at the moment

Somaliland's army need to engage with the renegade militia in that town and I think they will if they really go through with this that's if this news is really true. Tribalist Farmajo actions should be shown to the IC as being provocative and seeking to destabalise the peace in Somaliland. The alleged rapist just had unpaid soldiers disrupt xamar and he wants to concern himself with buhoodle not to mention he cant even use his toilet without Amisom General Dick holding his hands.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Interesting but the Somaliland army outnumbers any other pro-union force and with the likely support of Ehtiopia and even UAE, this is not a war Somalia can win militarily in any foreseeable future. Diplomacy and international law is our most effective tools for now.

My issue however is that with the Somaliland territory as it stands now Somalia stands to lose some of its most strategic areas such as access to the red sea and lucrative trade route. :bell:
They have already tried to enter Buuhoodle district and hundreds of them died and retreated calling us Al Shabab. This is a perfect time for Dhulbahante to finally unite and kick idoors out of some of our areas, we have the support of the Somali government now which we didn't have before. Galaydh needs to retire.

waraabe

Your superior
so he wont pay soldiers in xamar (who are protesting in Mogadishu now) but is willing to pay troops from his clan in a far away place :icon lol: he is making it too easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending