What do you guys think of 50/50 split in marriage in terms of money?

What do you guys think of 50/50 split in marriage in terms of money? Or do you think husband should provide :obama: a Muslim colleague of mine told me he would share financial burdens with wide 50/50.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
It's actually against the religion to go 50/50 in a Islamic marriage, the husband takes full responsibility to care of the wife, the kids, and the household. In Islam whatever money the woman makes its solely hers. She doesn't need to put a cent into the marriage.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
We all know what Islam says, but sometimes 50-50 is necessary because the husband doesn’t make enough money.

Personally it’s not for me. It really confuses how some women actively pursue 50-50 relationships. It’s very weird to me.

I think doing 100% is always preferred but you also have to appreciate how most men do not get financially stable until they're in their 30s. And even then they'll go for younger women as oppose to women their own age. Marrying at a younger age means you have to go 50/50 since you're not as financially stable. But waiting longer for a man who can be a provider may reduce a woman's chances of marriage at all. Also it depends on what being your provider means. If providing for you means paying rent, utility bills and groceries then thats absolutely doable - he already pays his rent and bills so marrying won't increase his spendings in that regard. When it becomes contentious is when women want their man to pay for their car bills, two or three vacations a year, designer clothes and all other sorts of non-essential spendings. If women can pay that out of their own pockets, I think marriage would be far more affordable for younger men

We all know what Islam says, but sometimes 50-50 is necessary because the husband doesn’t make enough money.

Personally it’s not for me. It really confuses how some women actively pursue 50-50 relationships. It’s very weird to me.
Broke boi he needs to get his money up then

So you let him pay for everything? It may be a power thing, money= power. Men love to abuse this

I think doing 100% is always preferred but you also have to appreciate how most men do not get financially stable until they're in their 30s. And even then they'll go for younger women as oppose to women their own age. Marrying at a younger age means you have to go 50/50 since you're not as financially stable. But waiting longer for a man who can be a provider may reduce a woman's chances of marriage at all. Also it depends on what being your provider means. If providing for you means paying rent, utility bills and groceries then thats absolutely doable - he already pays his rent and bills so marrying won't increase his spendings in that regard. When it becomes contentious is when women want their man to pay for their car bills, two or three vacations a year, designer clothes and all other sorts of non-essential spendings. If women can pay that out of their own pockets, I think marriage would be far more affordable for younger men
Ladies: consider men in their 30s.

Case closed.

Personally, a man who’s keen on going 50/50 is a turn off. It’s not like u can go half on pregnancy, child rearing and chores.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
So you let him pay for everything? It may be a power thing, money= power. Men love to abuse this

Yes I meant I couldn’t do 50-50, but strangely some women like it. Maybe power like you said. But women just get run down if they’re in 50-50 r’ships. Coz they work 40h then come home and still do all the house work/childcare, it’s not a fair deal.

Yes I meant I couldn’t do 50-50, but strangely some women like it. Maybe power like you said. But women just get run down if they’re in 50-50 r’ships. Coz they work 40h then come home and still do all the house work/childcare, it’s not a fair deal.
Trust it’s not. We are being scammed. It’s called double barrel theory, where you have extra workload than traditional gender roles. At least share the responsibilities in the home if you can’t pay the bills imo.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
What do you guys think of 50/50 split in marriage in terms of money? Or do you think husband should provide :obama: a Muslim colleague of mine told me he would share financial burdens with wide 50/50.
Islamically husbands should provide 100% reality in the west tho a single source income is not aan option for most people. Cost of living is skyrocketing in most cities

Mozart

You need people like me
Tbh, when you think about it. Provision is one of the biggest rights a muslim wife has.
I agree. Women love to pick and choose when to follow religion though. A Muslim marriage requires dowry etc but most also want a legal contract which isn’t Islamic. It’s rightly selfish but hypocritical

I agree. Women love to pick and choose when to follow religion though. A Muslim marriage requires dowry etc but most also want a legal contract which isn’t Islamic. It’s rightly selfish but hypocritical

Legal contract is very much Islamic as an Islamic marriage is a contract above all else. The only thing that is murky is alimony as only pregnant women are entitled to that.

In a Muslim society marriages are documented the same way it is in the West. Marriage is never a private affair the way some Western Muslims try to make it seem. How are both sides meant to petition their rights?

Also, all the fatwa's I've seen have all said it was acceptable to register marriages in a non Muslim country. So, i don't understand how you came to that conclusion. But lying, pretending to be a single mother certainly isn't acceptable.

You're not a muslim why do you care about what believers choose to do ?

Trending