4 Al Shabab terrorists have been executed

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - A military court in Somalia has executed four men it said were al Shabaab militants who were behind a 2016 attack that killed 80 people, a military officer said on Tuesday.

The four men were executed in Baidoa, which lies about 245 km (150 miles) northwest of Mogadishu, on Monday. The same court executed on Tuesday a policeman who was accused of killing a civilian and wounding the victim's two sons, officials said.

"Yesterday, four militants who had been behind blasts were executed. More men accused of being al Shabaab members will be executed today or tomorrow," Major Nur Aden, a military officer in Baidoa, told Reuters.

In Tuesday's execution, Ali Buubo Mohamed, a policeman, was shot by a firing squad after he was found guilty of killing Kassim Abdi and injuring his sons. He was sentenced to death last November.

Mumin Hussein Abdullahi, the deputy prosecutor of the court, confirmed that execution.

The four militants were found guilty of being responsible for twin blasts in Baidoa in February 2016, resulting in 80 deaths.

Al Shabaab often carries out such attacks in the capital and elsewhere in its bid to topple Somalia's government and to drive out African Union peacekeeping troops. The al Qaeda-linked group wants to impose its harsh version of Islamic rule in Somalia.

(Reporting by Abdi Sheikh; Writing by George Obulutsa; Editing by Alison Williams)

Where's the before and after pic of the executions

Here's the before. Didn't see the after pics for this execution.

I'm talking about the other ones I've seen. Media would show them alive then cut the execution and show their dead bodies still tied up on the post.

Maybe the executions were staged.

So horrendous, executing those poor young men while having the thought of knowing one hosts the main culprit of destruction (terrorist ethiopia) in its own backyard baidoa, knowing full well that baidoa is an ethiopian playground i would bet that those executed were under the orders of the ethiopia gov or ethiopian puppet court.

p.s, I don't condone terrorism of all kinds, just saddened of the loss of young men's lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending