230lbs 6’1 how much of the excess fat could I use/turn into muscle ?

Have kitted out a home gym in the shed and ready to get to work, have been playing basketball more regular too but time to start lifting now I guess, curious what I could do and how long it could take to have a respectable lean body with this weight

Mozart

You need people like me
You can't turn fat into muscle. Reduce your calories, lift weights and don't neglect cardio. Give it a year and you'll be in good shape

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Fat doesn't turn into muscle. Fat is fat, muscle is muscle, they're separate things.

In order to lose fat you need to eat in a caloric deficit, search up caloric deficit calculator and put in your height weight age etc and it'll give you all the data you need.

Once you have your daily caloric intake figured out, you need to tweak your micronutrients to fit your goals.

Let's say hypothetically you eat 2500 calories per day but want more muscle mass, you need to eat about 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

So if you weigh 200 pounds for example you'd eat 184 grams of protein, through chicken, beef, eggs, protein powder, yogurt, etc.

So basically just eat in a calorie deficit with a high protein diet. Your diet doesn't need to be all protein, of course get other macronutrients in there, but still get the recommended 0.8g/1lb.

Good luck saaxib. Inshallah you'll reach your fitness goals.

With your height also as you are already active you be alright just try be consistent and progress for few months to a year,think the long term .also if you used to lift before muscle memory will play its part.
Do compound exercises (more bang for your buck)
Sometimes eat on maintenance level.
Sometimes colorie deficit .
Your off days try fasting .
Experiment and see what works .

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Fat doesn't turn into muscle. Fat is fat, muscle is muscle, they're separate things.

In order to lose fat you need to eat in a caloric deficit, search up caloric deficit calculator and put in your height weight age etc and it'll give you all the data you need.

Once you have your daily caloric intake figured out, you need to tweak your micronutrients to fit your goals.

Let's say hypothetically you eat 2500 calories per day but want more muscle mass, you need to eat about 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

So if you weigh 200 pounds for example you'd eat 184 grams of protein, through chicken, beef, eggs, protein powder, yogurt, etc.

So basically just eat in a calorie deficit with a high protein diet. Your diet doesn't need to be all protein, of course get other macronutrients in there, but still get the recommended 0.8g/1lb.

Good luck saaxib. Inshallah you'll reach your fitness goals.
I meant macronutrients in the second paragraph.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Have kitted out a home gym in the shed and ready to get to work, have been playing basketball more regular too but time to start lifting now I guess, curious what I could do and how long it could take to have a respectable lean body with this weight
Go on a cut. but manage your calories so go on a smaller deficit if you want to have more muscle when you lose fat or go on a larger one if you want to lose lots of fat but not have as much muscle.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
I'm 6ft 2. At my heaviest I was 240. Rn I'm currently at 175.

My goal is to get to about 200lbs by bulking.

180-200 is a good range for guys our size.

Trending